Wrong Password!

I have tried logging into my account on Maxthon Desktop and on my phone and no matter what I do, I always end up with "Wrong Password".

I have reset the password multiple times and even tried logging in by verification code and this always results in "Wrong Password".

I don't know how I managed to login into this forum but the password reset auto logged me in so it worked I guess.

Any other method takes me back to login window resulting "Wrong Password".

Any thoughts/help to get me past this bloody annoying hurdle would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks

Swc132994

48 minutes ago, swc132994 said:

I have tried logging into my account on Maxthon Desktop and on my phone and no matter what I do, I always end up with "Wrong Password".

I have reset the password multiple times and even tried logging in by verification code and this always results in "Wrong Password".

I don't know how I managed to login into this forum but the password reset auto logged me in so it worked I guess.

Any other method takes me back to login window resulting "Wrong Password".

Any thoughts/help to get me past this bloody annoying hurdle would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks

Swc132994

Hi swc132994, could you provide me with your account email and I will try to do a reset for you?

Something has certainly changed. When I try to login to the browser now. I get a new notice "getUserInfo failed". I can login into this forum successfully although my account info has now been reset. It maybe best if I delete this account and just start up a new one.

3 hours ago, swc said:

Something has certainly changed. When I try to login to the browser now. I get a new notice "getUserInfo failed". I can login into this forum successfully although my account info has now been reset. It maybe best if I delete this account and just start up a new one.

Hi swc, I tried resetting your password for Maxthon account but it was stated user not found. When you mentioned you could not login to your account, do you mean this forum or was it your Maxthon account for the browser?

It was for the browser for both windows and android. The last time I used logged in was a while back in MX5. For Windows I am using the latest Beta. When I first tried logging in a couple of days ago it was just coming back to me with "Wrong Password" error. Now the message is "getUserInfo_failed" instead.

However, before I had difficulty in logging into the forum too but that is now fixed.

33 minutes ago, swc said:

It was for the browser for both windows and android. The last time I used logged in was a while back in MX5. For Windows I am using the latest Beta. When I first tried logging in a couple of days ago it was just coming back to me with "Wrong Password" error. Now the message is "getUserInfo_failed" instead.

However, before I had difficulty in logging into the forum too but that is now fixed.

Hi swc, could you confirm if your maxthon account email is swconnell@hotmail.co.uk? I tried again to reset the password but user is not found. If this does not work out, you might want to create a new account.

That's correct:

swconnell@hotmail.co.uk

I had been using this account for a long time (since MX3).

If I try to create a new account on the web browser with the same email address then it will tell that the account already exists.

3 hours ago, swc said:

That's correct:

swconnell@hotmail.co.uk

I had been using this account for a long time (since MX3).

If I try to create a new account on the web browser with the same email address then it will tell that the account already exists.

Hi swc, could you go to my.maxthon.com and try to reset your password?

I have reset the password. The wrong password notification is back. Even when attempting to login with a verification code it still comes back with "Wrong Password".

On 1/6/2024 at 12:28 AM, swc said:

I have reset the password. The wrong password notification is back. Even when attempting to login with a verification code it still comes back with "Wrong Password".

Did you try a different password or are you always resetting to the same one? Maybe some character issue so I would try to create a new password with some standard characters. lower and uppercase letters, numbers, and interpunction characters (!?,.)

Archived