Constant "new version found" popup

I am constantly getting the "New version found" popup window from Maxthon which I can't figure out how to stop (using Windows 7 64-bit).

I believe it is from Maxthon 5 which is currently installed on my PC, although I only have it for compatibility purposes and not regular use. I use Maxthon 6 for which I have the portable version, placed in the d:\Programi\Internet\MaxthonPortable\ folder.

The popup window process is:
C:\Users\Perplexer\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5\Public\MxUp\MxUp.exe

I close it on the "X" but it comes back several minutes later. I cannot figure out where is it launched/triggered from. I don't see anything in the Task Scheduler.

I do see a service called "MxService" in the Services list which is likely also from Maxthon 5:
Path to executable:
"D:\Programi\Internet\Maxthon\Bin\Maxthon.exe"

I have deleted it twice already, but it keeps coming back!

C:\Windows\System32>sc delete MxService
[SC] DeleteService SUCCESS

I'm not sure if this service is related to the update popup but if it isn't, it's another thing I'd like to solve (how/why is it re-installing itself?).

I'd be grateful for any tips on how to solve these two issue.

4 hours ago, Perplexer said:

I am constantly getting the "New version found" popup window from Maxthon which I can't figure out how to stop (using Windows 7 64-bit).

I believe it is from Maxthon 5 which is currently installed on my PC, although I only have it for compatibility purposes and not regular use. I use Maxthon 6 for which I have the portable version, placed in the d:\Programi\Internet\MaxthonPortable\ folder.

The popup window process is:
C:\Users\Perplexer\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5\Public\MxUp\MxUp.exe

I close it on the "X" but it comes back several minutes later. I cannot figure out where is it launched/triggered from. I don't see anything in the Task Scheduler.

I do see a service called "MxService" in the Services list which is likely also from Maxthon 5:
Path to executable:
"D:\Programi\Internet\Maxthon\Bin\Maxthon.exe"

I have deleted it twice already, but it keeps coming back!

C:\Windows\System32>sc delete MxService
[SC] DeleteService SUCCESS

I'm not sure if this service is related to the update popup but if it isn't, it's another thing I'd like to solve (how/why is it re-installing itself?).

I'd be grateful for any tips on how to solve these two issue.

Hi Perplexer, you need to download MX6 installed version and the update will not pop-up again.

Archived