×

Give a tip

How to restore bookmarks


BugSir006
 Share

Recommended Posts

If you unluckily lose bookmarks, you can try to restore the bookmarks by using the backup file.

1. Open Maxthon 6 browser.

2. Open the installation path, for example, D:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\Maxthon\

3. Open the folder "User Data" under the folder "Maxthon"

3. Find the account folder you'd like to restore data, such as "Default"

4. Under the folder "Default," you can find and open the folder "Backups" > "BookMarks"

Maxthon Snap20210422142556.png

5. Choose a backup file, copy it, then paste it to your account folder, such as "Default"

7. Rename the backup file as "Bookmarks," no file suffix required; delete the previous file "Bookmarks."

8. Restart the browser.

Maxthon Snap20210422142946.png

  • Like 3
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello.
Thank you for the step-by-step explanation. But let me disagree with one point.
I found backups and did exactly as you have scheduled, but the bookmarks still disappeared time after time.
Item #1 "close the Maxthon browser" is superfluous and because of it, the instructions will not work!
The fact is, after my bookmarks disappeared, they were deleted from the cloud (synchronization). When I restored them from a backup, Maxthon checked at startup which version of bookmarks is more up-to-date, local or cloud, and each time again reset the local bookmarks!
But if you restore the bookmark file while running Maxthon, and then restart Maxthon, then the local version is considered more up-to-date and is not erased!

  • Thanks 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2021 at 5:32 PM, Brutalligent said:

Hello.
Thank you for the step-by-step explanation. But let me disagree with one point.
I found backups and did exactly as you have scheduled, but the bookmarks still disappeared time after time.
Item #1 "close the Maxthon browser" is superfluous and because of it, the instructions will not work!
The fact is, after my bookmarks disappeared, they were deleted from the cloud (synchronization). When I restored them from a backup, Maxthon checked at startup which version of bookmarks is more up-to-date, local or cloud, and each time again reset the local bookmarks!
But if you restore the bookmark file while running Maxthon, and then restart Maxthon, then the local version is considered more up-to-date and is not erased!

:5884970a7da3a_1:

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 4/22/2021 at 8:30 AM, BugSir006 said:

If you unluckily lose bookmarks, you can try to restore the bookmarks by using the backup file.

1. Open Maxthon 6 browser.

2. Open the installation path, for example, D:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\Maxthon\

3. Open the folder "User Data" under the folder "Maxthon"

3. Find the account folder you'd like to restore data, such as "Default"

4. Under the folder "Default," you can find and open the folder "Backups" > "BookMarks"

Maxthon Snap20210422142556.png

5. Choose a backup file, copy it, then paste it to your account folder, such as "Default"

7. Rename the backup file as "Bookmarks," no file suffix required; delete the previous file "Bookmarks."

Maxthon Snap20210422142946.png

Thanks, so far it worked for me (unless I lost the most updated bookmarks of my other computer now... which I haven't checked yet). 
Just a few comments:

I found the backup in a different root than you stated, I think you forgot to mention "Application": 
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Default\Backups

Also, maybe add an step 8 to restart the browser, as that proved to be necessary to me :)

Tip   Give
BugSir006        6v   2021-06-15 06:34:56
BugSir006        6v   2021-06-15 06:51:31
Total Tips 12v  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2021 at 5:08 AM, Arcan said:

Thanks, so far it worked for me (unless I lost the most updated bookmarks of my other computer now... which I haven't checked yet). 
Just a few comments:

I found the backup in a different root than you stated, I think you forgot to mention "Application": 
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Default\Backups

Also, maybe add an step 8 to restart the browser, as that proved to be necessary to me :)

:5884970a7da3a_1:

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/4/2021 at 13:30, BugSir006 said:

Nếu không may làm mất dấu trang, bạn có thể thử khôi phục dấu trang bằng cách sử dụng tệp sao lưu.

1. Mở trình duyệt Maxthon 6.

2. Mở đường dẫn cài đặt, ví dụ: 😧 \ Users \ lenovo \ AppData \ Local \ Maxthon \

3. Mở thư mục "Dữ liệu người dùng" trong thư mục "Maxthon"

3. Tìm thư mục tài khoản bạn muốn khôi phục dữ liệu, chẳng hạn như "Mặc định"

4. Trong thư mục "Mặc định", bạn có thể tìm và mở thư mục "Sao lưu"> "BookMarks"

Maxthon Snap20210422142556.png

5. Chọn tệp sao lưu, sao chép, sau đó dán vào thư mục tài khoản của bạn, chẳng hạn như "Mặc định"

7. Đổi tên tệp sao lưu thành "Dấu trang", không yêu cầu hậu tố tệp; xóa tệp trước đó "Dấu trang".

8. Khởi động lại trình duyệt.

Maxthon Snap20210422142946.png

Thank You !

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share