Give a tip

Flash Cam/Mic dropdown settings blank

I have been using maxathon for a while on my 8.1 windows laptop. Recently I got a new laptop which has windows 10. I downloaded maxathon and the cam/ mic dropdown does not show on any site that asks to use cam and mic. The adobe flash settings pop up and I allow it as usual, then another pop up asks me to allow/deny, which I allow. From there, the mic/cam dropdowns are completely blank. This is not the case on my windows 8.1 laptop using maxathon. Using Chrome, Firefox, Opera, the cam mic settings dropdown displays correctly. It's not a huge deal since I can use another browser, but it's annoying me as to what I'm doing wrong. Please help

Thanks

Tip   Give

32 minutes ago, mark40511 said:

Thanks. I followed the instructions to update flash and that was successful, however, all sites that use mic/cam, the dropdown boxes are still blank and the browser still pops up allow/deny over and over.

Could you give us one site to try? Otherwise, try turning off AdBlock+.

Tip   Give

the site is omegle.com

this does not happen in other browsers I have tried including torch, firefox, Chrome, Opera.

Ahead of you on turning adblock to off. I tried this immediately, but results were same. I was hoping updating flash would help, but it didn't. 

I haven't tried the realtek thing. I have my default as stereo mix already.

Tip   Give

It was an older version when I initially installed maxathon on my new laptop, but the person posted instructions to update to the very latest flash version, to which I followed and successfully updated to the latest version of flash - then, by going to the flash site to double check that I had the latest version. It made no difference whatsoever. Either way the drop downs are blank after allowing. So I uninstalled/reinstalled maxathon again, but haven't went through the process to update flash again. I can't remember the exact version # of flash, but it was the latest version. I checked the version # before and after updating and it changed.

Tip   Give

Archived