Cannot use Google Map with Maxthon

Hello,

I'm on Win10 & Maxthon 4.9.1.1000

Here my issue : I cannot navigate on Google Map, for example if I want to drag left then I have to wait for 4-5 seconds before seeing the result of my action. And it's lagging / freezing a lot. 

- Seems to work better with Retro mode even if it is not recommended (Google is saying that this mode is not supported)

- G map is working fine with IE11 or Edge for example

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Tiptip said:

Hello,

I'm on Win10 & Maxthon 4.9.1.1000

Here my issue : I cannot navigate on Google Map, for example if I want to drag left then I have to wait for 4-5 seconds before seeing the result of my action. And it's lagging / freezing a lot. 

- Seems to work better with Retro mode even if it is not recommended (Google is saying that this mode is not supported)

- G map is working fine with IE11 or Edge for example

Thanks for your help!

I cannot confirm any lagging.

The map is working fine, no lagging, in Win7 x64 Enterprise with 4.9.1.1000 Final release or a 4.9, internal test version.  

I tried 4.9.1.1000 from a clean install of the portable version without signing into Passport.  So it is  absollutlely default with no problem.  And this behavior continues into the next versions, though that is signed into Passport and is not the default skin.

<<SL>>

Hello,

Yes I think I'm the only one here to have this issue...

But do you have some hint to explain why G map (and only G map) is lagging on my PC ?

I tried the portable version which is lagging too !!

=> I found that the Maxthon process CPU usage is really high, around 50% when the G map tab is active, then the CPU usage is lowering if I switch to another tab.

19 minutes ago, Tiptip said:

Hello,

Yes I think I'm the only one here to have this issue...

But do you have some hint to explain why G map (and only G map) is lagging on my PC ?

I tried the portable version which is lagging too !!

=> I found that the Maxthon process CPU usage is really high, around 50% when the G map tab is active, then the CPU usage is lowering if I switch to another tab.

No, I don't have any ideas.  

I did try opening Task Manager when I had 2 tabs open and found I was at 30% CPU.  Then I closed the forum tab .  There was no change to the CPU usage.  So I quite the browser and refreshed TM lto clear the Maxthon processes.  I opened maps.google.com again.  I checked TM and it was at 10% CPU usage.  I refreshed .anf it dropped to 7%.  I enabled landscape on maps.google.com and refreshed.  It dropped to 3%.  In each stange I also dragged the map with a wiggling motion with no change in CPU usage.

This doesn't make sense to me.  I really think there should be changes when moving a landscape image map.

Sorry I have nothing helpful.

<<SL>>

40 minutes ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

The google maps are actually pretty heavy, however in most browsers it opens in "light mode", while in Maxthon it does not. If you change it to light mode, it will work perfectly.

Although this did work for me it is at best a workaround. I have no trouble displaying and using without lag the full version of google maps with M4.4.8 and I should not be seeing the lag(although not as bad as the OP describes) with version 4.9. Surely improvements can be made to improve performance.

Edit: Although it looked like the full version, the version displayed on 4.4.8 does not offer 3D view, nor do I see the lite icon even when using 4.9 User Agent>

2 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Indeed. 4.4.8.2000 uses the full maps (as I can get a terraain altitude map and all the functions)

So I guess it something to do with hardware acceleration?

When I try 3D is disabled...

Archived