Preventing Maxthon upgrade to a new versión

Maxthon do not want to update the version I use. How do I?

reading both your heading and post content, I'm not sure to understand what you want : do you want to prevent maxthon to update or do you mean that the update feature does not work ?

sigmax2.png

Thank You...¡ :top:

A greeting ...

Carlos

Note: 

I do not want to update to the latest vesion because the new versions, the pages visited on google I do not change color. Soluycionarme'd know this?

The versions that work well are me: 4.3.2.1000, 4.2.2.1000, 3.3.8.2000 and 3.3.6.2000

I do not want to update to the latest vesion because the new versions, the pages visited on google I do not change color. 

You're right, it only changes the link color if you click on the link in the Google results page. If you drag-and-drop the link or right-click and select "open in new tab", then the Google results (links) do not change color, obviously even after refreshing the Google search page.

i found the '' MxUp*32 .exe'' to my laptop.what is this? i need this or not ....and if i don t need it how can i delete this

thankyou

your question is answered above - but to state it again - yes delete that file and Maxthon will not auto update

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Good, then follow my example in the screenshot and delete MxUp.exe

This method does not work.

I deleted both mxup.exe files and after few days Maxthon started updated to the last version.

The last version gives me a problem with the alias of search engine. I have aliases and when i start writing with the letter, which is assigned with the search engine , the main engine shows me the results.

This method does not work.

I deleted both mxup.exe files and after few days Maxthon started updated to the last version.

The last version gives me a problem with the alias of search engine. I have aliases and when i start writing with the letter, which is assigned with the search engine , the main engine shows me the results.

just disable "preload" in settings/address bar

sigmax2.png

Archived