MXUpIni crash report and corrupted folder

Hello everyone! I am using Version: 4.4.4.2000

IE: 11.0.9600.17633

And I constantly get the warning of a crash report of the MXUp.exe locatted in the folder MxUpIni located in the \AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Temp\MxUp. the folder in question appears to be corrupted and inaccessible. Is there any way to fix that? It is really frustrating because I get the popup of the crash even at time that I am not using maxthon....

post-16717028-14315124289461_thumb.jpg

No.1MaxthonFan replied at 2015-3-3 09:50 back.gif

You can safely delete that file. It's the one that checks for newer versions of Maxthon, but the la ...

the problem is that because the file is missing or it is corrupted I cannot delete the folder, it prompt's me to try again!

michigeo replied at 2015-3-3 22:04 back.gif

the problem is that because the file is missing or it is corrupted I cannot delete the folder, it ...

if you are connected to your passport, and if you synced your datas, close maxthon and then you can delete the whole maxthon appdata/roaming folder : next maxthon start, maxthon will recreate one and you will only lose your skin, if you have one, and some minor settings (like search box, retro/ultra button...)

before you do this, you may backup your maxthon3 folder : rename it to "maxthon3.sav" or something like that

sigmax2.png

odyssee replied at 2015-3-3 12:48 back.gif

if you are connected to your passport, and if you synced your datas, close maxthon and then you ca ...

Thanks a lot for the help but that solution did not work for me! I closed every instance of maxthon even from the tray nut still I cannot delete the folder in the appdata !

post-16717028-14315124290076_thumb.jpg

Have you tried a disk check? This PC > right click the drive > Properties > Tools > Error Checking > Check

If there is no program blocking access and even a program like Unlocker won't allow you to access or delete it, then the only thing left is that it has been corrupted. Hopefully a disk check will fix it and you''ll be able to delete it normally after that.

At this point I don't believe this is related to Maxthon.

7twenty replied at 2015-3-4 20:11 back.gif

Have you tried a disk check? This PC > right click the drive > Properties > Tools > Error Checking > ...

Indeed it is not related to maxthon, but this folder is the only one that is affect by bad sectors on the disc, and chkdsk is not running when I restart the machine...

No.1MaxthonFan replied at 2015-3-6 08:43 back.gif

Sounds like you have a real problem. How old is your computer?

Yes is seems that I have quite a handful with this problem! My computer is a laptop Dell inspiron 5423 14z Ultrabook which I bought at 9/2012

michigeo replied at 2015-3-8 19:19 back.gif

@7twenty It won't run because the drive is in use by the system...

Have you tried running chkdsk from a COLD start, just just a restart? If that doesn't work, try running it from a Command Prompt with this parameter: chkdsk /f C:

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

michigeo replied at 2015-3-9 10:19 back.gif

@7twenty It won't run because the drive is in use by the system...

Aware of that, but as I said it still should confirm that there are issues with the disk, and that in turn will set it to run at a startup. If it doesn't that means there either isn't an issue with the disk or that files that do that need to be fixed.

Otherwise boot from your install disc (or some other type of bootdisk) and run chkdsk from a cmd prompt.

And you can run through these pages which relate to the issue of chkdsk not running at boot:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/check-disk-will-not-run-at-startup

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130824-chkdsk-will-not-run-startup-vista.html