Lazy_Mangobee

How to change skins on maxthon5

12 posts in this topic

I can download the skin, but there is no button on my menu to change the skin. .

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Lazy_Mangobee said:

I can download the skin, but there is no button on my menu to change the skin. .

Important: all files must be decompressed in the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\maxthon\Bin\ or C:\Program Files\maxthon\Bin\

1 hour ago, john doe said:

Important: all files must be decompressed in the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\maxthon\Bin\ or C:\Program Files\maxthon\Bin\

and back up the original files before, in case you want to go back to default skin ! :wink:

When will we see Mx 5 skins again.  They seem to have disappeared.  The skins for 5.01 don't work with 5.02

4 hours ago, soaringeagle said:

When will we see Mx 5 skins again.  They seem to have disappeared.  The skins for 5.01 don't work with 5.02

skins are down to the members who post them - mainly Wilser and he has decided to withdraw support and the download links 

5.01 skins do work on 5.02 - they have changed the 0.dat and 1.dat name to UIHuge and UIMain.dat - caught me out  :arf: but its as simple as renaming the files 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Tony said:

skins are down to the members who post them - mainly Wilser and he has decided to withdraw support and the download links 

5.01 skins do work on 5.02 - they have changed the 0.dat and 1.dat name to UIHuge and UIMain.dat - caught me out  :arf: but its as simple as renaming the files 

It is as simple as renaming the files, but I think you flipped the names:  0.dat > UIMain.dat and 1.dat > UIHuge/dat.

But be aware that things are chabging so things may not continue to work in later versions.  [@tony I know you know this, but all don't.]

<<SL>> 

3 hours ago, Tony said:

they have changed the 0.dat and 1.dat name to UIHuge and UIMain.dat - caught me out  :arf: but its as simple as renaming the files 

1 hour ago, soaringeagle said:

Thanks Tony.  

But you need to know that those skins aren't full compatible with new mx builds...

Of course, you can rename those 0/1 files to UIxxx.dat, but after that you can't select anymore your folders for saving notes/ favs.

Check screenshot, please.

Notatka20161124000039.png

Why  do I need, and why don't I have permission to see some posts?

maxthon permission.png

1 person likes this

Use the "t-shirt" button next to the minimise/maximise/close buttons at the top right.