URL not working

On 6/28/2023 at 10:40 PM, skidude2 said:

Hi skidude2, could you try again using the latest beta version V7.0.2.2600? I was able to open the reference link on my side.

image.png

Thanks for the suggestion. Using maxthon_portable_7.0.2.2600_beta_x86 gives the same result. The message I get is 'invalid application reference Redirecting...' and the URL showing is : https://data.southoxon.gov.uk/ccm/support/Main.jsp?MODULE=ApplicationDetails.

I have tried the same thing on a laptop here and this too will not connect in exactly the same way. Both are using Windows 10 build 1909. Plus as noted before using Opera the link opens normally.

Did you use the same Mx type when you tested the link?

7 hours ago, skidude2 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Using maxthon_portable_7.0.2.2600_beta_x86 gives the same result. The message I get is 'invalid application reference Redirecting...' and the URL showing is : https://data.southoxon.gov.uk/ccm/support/Main.jsp?MODULE=ApplicationDetails.

I have tried the same thing on a laptop here and this too will not connect in exactly the same way. Both are using Windows 10 build 1909. Plus as noted before using Opera the link opens normally.

Did you use the same Mx type when you tested the link?

Hi skidude2, I have tried the link on both 2600 installed and portable version and had no issue opening the reference link. Do you have any extensions in place?

5 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi skidude2, I have tried the link on both 2600 installed and portable version and had no issue opening the reference link. Do you have any extensions in place?

Thanks - that did it as the Clear URLs extension to prevent tracking was preventing the link from working. I had already tried disabling  some of my extensions  but not Clear URLs as the southoxon.gov site is not a commercial one and I did not anticipate being tracked there.
Now fixed.

Archived