Updating to next version - How to

I am getting into a bit of a mess as far as my settings are concerned when I update to a new version, be it beta or full. Today I installed v2401 then v2500 into the same location as 2200 hoping to keep my settings and history in a smooth transition from version to version.

What happens is that after signing in  and syncing most of my stuff, like favorites, start page, and  new tab   is carried over but extensions are not updated or the  unpinning of unwanted things like Maxnote, download manager etc. And then there is History this is never synced as far as I can see and dark mode is never enabled.

What is the correct way to update to ensure that nothing is lost and needs reconfiguring again each time. And more importantly how can I recover and combine the disjointed History records into the current browser version to give me one contiguous file. The new Maxthon startup page does not offer the import from other M6 versions.

Welcome to Maxthon Browser2100_202182017243.png

On 8/21/2021 at 1:26 AM, skidude1758732 said:

What happens is that after signing in  and syncing most of my stuff, like favorites, start page, and  new tab   is carried over but extensions are not updated or the  unpinning of unwanted things like Maxnote, download manager etc. And then there is History this is never synced as far as I can see and dark mode is never enabled.

Hi skidude1758732, currently we do not support the syncing of extensions and history. In near future we will support the syncing of extensions.

On 8/21/2021 at 1:26 AM, skidude1758732 said:

What is the correct way to update to ensure that nothing is lost and needs reconfiguring again each time.

You could overwrite installation and not uninstall before downloading the new version. Make sure you retain the "user data" folder info.

Archived