Adobe flash fix doesn't work


lenzy

Recommended Posts

I tried both methods numerous times and I can't get it to work on my Windows 8.1 machine, my Win 7 machine or my Windows Vista machine. The required file is in the correct location but all I get when go to the Adobe site is "plugin failed to load". I'm running Maxthon 4.9.2.1000.

Clip_2.jpg.16ce5de6552afd39e45379afe4efc328.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I had a similar issue when trying to figure out how to get it working.

From what I recall the issue is making sure you're using the correct version if on an x64 system. As there are both x64 and x32 files, only the x32 version will work with MX as it's a 32bit program.

Make sure you're doing each step correctly, and make sure that Maxthon isn't running when you do this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

allow sites to run plugins is checked

I tried again last night to try the auto updater. It deletes all the files in the core/blink/plugins folder(except for pdf.dll) and fails to write any new ones.

tried those numerous times with no luck. I did the manual and the auto updater.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's unfortunate. Hopefully you find what you're looking for.

If you still want to followup on the above issue can you please provide a screenshot of the folder that the plugin files are in.

A quick test of the updater that you used shows that it doesn't seem copy the correct files to the right location for 4.9.x. I'll inform the creator and hopefully he can update it so it works correctly.

The plugins folder should have the latest version of pepflashplayer32_XX_X_X_XXX.dll copied from:
For 64bit - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
For 32bit - C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

and renamed to pepflashplayer.dll.

----

I did a test (again) just to confirm the directions are correct.

1st start clean portable extraction > uses default old version (18.x)
2nd start after renaming/deleting pepflashplayer.dll in MX folder > plugin not found error
3rd start after correctly copying and renaming the file as noted above > plugin works and detects correct version
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for confirming my problems with the updater. I was able to get the 18 version of flash working with the latest beta. Also, when I go to the Adobe site, it detects Opera not Chrome as claimed in the instructions.

Screengrab of the plugins folder

Clip_2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lenzy said:

Thanks for confirming my problems with the updater. I was able to get the 18 version of flash working with the latest beta. Also, when I go to the Adobe site, it detects Opera not Chrome as claimed in the instructions.

Screengrab of the plugins folder

 

To use version 21(you have it in your folder, delete pepperflash and rename 21 to pepperflash to enable flash 21.

(Opera)Your using user agent, turn it off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As PHYR stated, rename the v21 file to pepflashplayer.dll and it should work.

This is the 2nd thread about this just recently, and again i'm at a loss as to how the instructions can be misconstrued. When followed correctly it works as intended (and i've tested it enough times to make sure). It's written in a step-by-step format with images to confirm what things should look like. Obviously things like people using a custom user agent or other randomness can't be accounted for.

If there's any changes you think that need to be made to make it even clearer, please advise.

That's not to say maxthon isn't at fault either. Why, oh why they still insist on releasing the browser with a version that is now 3 major revisions behind is crazy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.