Pages reload randomly

Milija17

I tried searching the forum for this bug, but couldn't find it. In the current Maxton version, 4.4.8.1000 pages randomly reload. It sometimes happen in the middle of youtube video, or on facebook pages, but it even happens in "normal" pages containing only pictures (e.g. AcidCow) or only text. 

It happens randomly, on the active tab, regardless of the number of tabs. But it happens regularly, and I couldn't figure out any reason why this is happening. ABP is disabled, the only extension I use (outside the default ones) is Youtube Center (http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=1201) but it never made problems earlier - plus, this happens on all pages, and YT pages doesn't reload as much as other pages do.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so new version doesn't seem to have this bug, but what is wrong with this version, what is happening to the browser? It appears so much slower and so less responsive, that I'm thinking about going back to one of the previous versions (not 4.4.8.1 obviously.)

Here's a comparison (I attached the 4.9.0.3 version too - no difference) between 4.8 and the 4.9.1 version. So it's definitely not a personal impression of mine.

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

Maxthon.png

13 hours ago, 30866808 said:

OK, so this is actually a beta problem - now I have to report a bug: my stable version auto-updated to beta.

Sorry? Are you sure your version auto updated from a stable version to a beta version? We didn't  force silent update recently and we did not push any beta version for users using stable version. Only any update notification message was sent to users using Mx 4.9 to upgrade to the latest beta version Mx 4.9.1.100.

14 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

Sorry? Are you sure your version auto updated from a stable version to a beta version? We didn't  force silent update recently and we did not push any beta version for users using stable version. Only any update notification message was sent to users using Mx 4.9 to upgrade to the latest beta version Mx 4.9.1.100.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but that's what happened. I never participated in beta testing for Maxthon browser, not even for fun. I can't be 100% sure that there wasn't a notification message first (though I do remember that message for the 4.9.1.100 version, you can even see it on the first screenshot - minimized blue window) - but I sure did not update manually. I mean I did install it manually, but only after it was offered to me as a regular update.

Not that this is such a big deal, I rather wish the page reloading problem would be fixed in next stable version.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived