Saving/importing Last/Earlier session please

If you connect with a Passport you shouldn't have to worry about it. They will be downloaded automatically.

If you don't, just keep a backup of your Maxthon userdata folder. Open an explorer window and type the following into the address bar: %appdata%\Maxthon3\Users\guest.

Can somebody please post a 1-2-3 newbie way of saving Last Session and Earlier Session so they can be imported after reinstall or accidental wipe? Thanks in advance, Jan

An alternative method which I've used a few times in the past:

With Last Session tab open and active, open the page source in developer tools by right-clicking on the background and clicking "Inspect element". Then copy the relevant part of the source code to a new text file by right-clicking the line starting with "<html xmlns" and clicking "Copy as HTML" then pasting that into a text editor, then saving as a file with a .html extension. You could open that saved file in Maxthon too.

With your session open right click on one of the tabs and click on "add all pages to favorites". The session is then saved with a time and date as it's title. You can then edit the title if you wish. If you close the session you can then reopen all or just some of the tabs from the favorites folder.

^ This could be useful if the Last Session list doesn't contain a huge list (or even fewer links that load heavy content). You'd just click "Open All" from the Last Session tab.

In my case my "Last Session" tab (really my last dozen sessions :D ) contains around 50 URLs these days, though at one time it was about 1,000 items! :wacko: Took me a few good months to trim it down, about 50-100 a week.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your question.

You can find your last session in about:last if you keep the browser open.

Also, you can save it to next time by right clicking on one of the tabs and click on add all pages to favorites 

I hope this could help you.

First, if something happens with the config.dat, and the about:last list is gone, you're screwed.

Second, that would work if you would want to add them to favorites I use the about:last page because it is faster than searching through the favorites, and I can easily store stuff there. I know about about:favorites but it won't appear when I open Maxthon, as about:last does. Ease of use and speed of access. That's what keeps the world spining...

Can somebody please post a 1-2-3 newbie way of saving Last Session and Earlier Session so they can be imported after reinstall or accidental wipe? Thanks in advance, Jan

Install AutoVer, add the config.dat file to a backup job and make sure AutoVer starts with the Windows.

If you cannot find config.dat, use Everything Search to find it faster than with the Windows Search. And more accurate, as well.

I know about about:favorites but it won't appear when I open Maxthon, as about:last does. Ease of use and speed of access. That's what keeps the world spining...

Have you tried using the Open on Startup > Homepage option, and adding about:last and about:favourites as the pages to open?

Have you tried using the Open on Startup > Homepage option, and adding about:last and about:favourites as the pages to open?

Negative. Though that would be one workaround... thanks, but I'd still like a built in option or tirth party software to import and export the about:last list...

Archived