Mac vs Windows Maxthon

Hello. I am fairly new to Maxthon and installed it on my Windows 7 laptop. Over the weekend I chose to give the Mac version a spin and installed it on my iMac.

There seems to be quite a difference between the two as far as features, layout, options, etc. goes. I'm just curious if I'm overlooking a setting somewhere or if the two version are that much different; for instance, with the Mac version, no bottom status bar, no left side bar, less options for the Speed Dial, much less to choose from within the Settings dialog and so forth.

I had read that Maxthon can use Chrome extensions but when I'm in the Maxton Extension Center and subsequently click the "more+" link, I'm taken to the Chrome Web Store where I am immediately greeted with "Your Chrome version is not supported by the Web Store." Well, I'm not using Chrome but I understand the relationship except that I am using Maxthon Version 4.1.3.5000 on the iMac and I've encountered similar version incompatibilities with user-created extensions saying that my Mac Maxthon is v3.xx and not compatible with the extension (even though my Mac Maxthon is v4.1.3.5000.

So my question basically is, is this difference between the Windows version and the Mac version what is to be expected or am I overlooking a setting or emulation option when running the Mac version vs. the Windows version?

Thanks,

Bob

Los Angeles

Yes but I cannot get any extensions from Chrome extensions center (= Chrome Web Store)...

because as OP says:

I had read that Maxthon can use Chrome extensions but when I'm in the Maxton Extension Center and subsequently click the "more+" link, I'm taken to the Chrome Web Store where I am immediately greeted with "Your Chrome version is not supported by the Web Store." - See more at: http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-13133-1-1.html#sthash.QAyn4iQM.dpuf

So the store says that "Chrome version is not supported" and it doesn't let me install any extensions...

Archived