Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DMac™

AdBlock numbers in icon...

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, new to the forum (and fairly new to Maxthon).

I am still using Opera as my main browser (aesthetic reasons mainly), but Maxthon has now replaced Firefox as my second browser.

I really like the new interface, but I am not a fan of the forced numbers in the AdBlock icon. It's a very distracting visual, and - as with other adblock extensions in other browsers - I was wondering if future builds of MX5 will give users the option to switch off the numbers without disabling the (very useful) extension itself? 

ad.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DMac™ said:

but I am not a fan of the forced numbers in the AdBlock icon. It's a very distracting visual,

Don't look there then.  :titter:  Just kidding.  I think that is something that only ABP can do.  If it something our Dev's can do they will be along and let you know.

Oh, and welcome to Maxthon and the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Don't look there then.  :titter:  Just kidding.  I think that is something that only ABP can do.  If it something our Dev's can do they will be along and let you know.

Oh, and welcome to Maxthon and the forum.

Thanks! The numbers can be hidden in ABP extensions for other browsers, so I'm hoping the same can be achieved for MX5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DMac™ said:

Thanks! The numbers can be hidden in ABP extensions for other browsers, so I'm hoping the same can be achieved for MX5. 

Hi DMac,

welcome to maxthon forum and thx for your feedback.

I've forwarded your suggestions to our product team to see if there is any solutions can help. Will let you know once there's a result. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it may be something that ABP can add as an option but its a simple skin mod so maybe it can be added as a switch or unpack 0.dat and comment out the line that calls it

that should work - back up your original file - any update will overwrite it so if it matters to you learn how to do it

0.dat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tony said:

it may be something that ABP can add as an option but its a simple skin mod so maybe it can be added as a switch or unpack 0.dat and comment out the line that calls it

that should work - back up your original file - any update will overwrite it so if it matters to you learn how to do it

0.dat

Dude! That literally fixed the 'problem' (air quoted because I recognise that it's very much an aesthetic issue that I had, and is not shared by all).

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites