slim skin for MX4

S1v

guguX added code for the sidebar favourites so i think you have that and the Maxthon code - that was not in the early skins - i dont think you have sidebar switched on in the view menu

that said i have no idea why my favourites is blue and yours is white

the screen grab is from a clean install of 3000 - its not a mod there are non running

post-2400682-14315111173989_thumb.png

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2013-6-30 07:36 back.gif

guguX added code for the sidebar favourites so i think you have that and the Maxthon code - that was ...

I tried with sidebar on/off, sidebar favorites on/off and still can't reproduce it. Does anybody else can?

And blue one is my :)

Usually i does not using favbar, just right click on star.

Tony., may be you'll try to explain me how to get it?

As for known bugs:wrong position of status bar in downloader, and some icons in address bar, in MX4.1 some elements (favbar, search field, history button..) doesn't remember on/off status on start. Sadly i can not find solution until now. If someone help, it'll be wonderful.

why you dont see it i dont know - as i said i just install a clean install add your ui.dat file and thats it - the blue fav bar is guguX's code - the other is Maxthon code - to get the maxthon fav bar to show go to view in the main menu and turn onn sidebar - thats what the screen grab showed

other 'bugs' are just settings in the code - porting a skin from 3 is not easy and porting a guguX skin is harder as its very early and a lot of code was added to get things like the fav sidebar

i think you would be better adding the elements you want one at a time to a standard skin or looking at the changes in the slim skin and modifying a standard skin - much has changed so it gets more difficult just to port stuff en block

tony. replied at 2013-7-2 00:48 back.gif

why you dont see it i dont know - as i said i just install a clean install add your ui.dat file and ...

In my case favbar from sidebar is floating window, not like in your screen.

May be you have old program data in \appdata\roaming from previous install? Some addons is there.

Thanks, but I'll port my skin correctly then they'll finish normal skin system. For now it's pointless waste of time :(

i have said its a clean install - there is no data to pull in so its not an addon - totally agree with your last point - they are just making it hard work - we are promised a new skin system but i am not holding my breath - effort seems to be in other directions - pointless flying men and other such floss

Archived