Text box content removes itself if a new tab is opened and focus changes to it.

I'm getting really pissed off with this behavior that no other browser has. Sometimes when inputting information into a text box I need to open a new browser to go to another site (like my email) to get the info required to put into the text box that's on the page I just moved away from (temporarily).

When going back to the tab that has the page which has the text box on it the text that has been input so far into the text box has disappeared. Neither is it recoverable in any way. 

Why have the Maxthon developers not dealt with this? This is the only browser that does this and its BLOODY ANNOYING! I now have to consciously remember to copy the text before leaving the tab so that I don't loose what I have written, which can sometimes be quite a bit of info, and most of the time I don't remember to do this.

Please sort this issue out.

This disappearing of info also happens in the address bar. If a URL is put into the address bar but  the enter key is not pressed, a new tab is opened (i.e. to go to my email to check to see if the URL is correct) and then I go back to the original tab, the address has disappeared from the address bar. Again, a unique trait of Maxthon. My Maxthon version is 7.0.0.1300(64-bit)0203.

1 hour ago, judgedredd007 said:

I'm getting really pissed off with this behavior that no other browser has. Sometimes when inputting information into a text box I need to open a new browser to go to another site (like my email) to get the info required to put into the text box that's on the page I just moved away from (temporarily).

When going back to the tab that has the page which has the text box on it the text that has been input so far into the text box has disappeared. Neither is it recoverable in any way. 

Why have the Maxthon developers not dealt with this? This is the only browser that does this and its BLOODY ANNOYING! I now have to consciously remember to copy the text before leaving the tab so that I don't loose what I have written, which can sometimes be quite a bit of info, and most of the time I don't remember to do this.

Please sort this issue out.

This disappearing of info also happens in the address bar. If a URL is put into the address bar but  the enter key is not pressed, a new tab is opened (i.e. to go to my email to check to see if the URL is correct) and then I go back to the original tab, the address has disappeared from the address bar. Again, a unique trait of Maxthon. My Maxthon version is 7.0.0.1300(64-bit)0203.

Hi judgedredd007, could you please try on the latest version 7.1.6.2100? 

Archived