I downgraded my Maxthon browser due to some really stupid design decisions

I had Maxthon 7.0.0.1300 and decided to update to the newest which was 7.1.6.1000. I then spent 30 minutes trying to resort to my older version. Why? Because some idiot at Maxthon thought that adding a strip bar under the address bar on the quick start page, which showed 'Login to Maxnote' (? can't remember what it actually said) was actually a good thing. It isn't. Stop adding crap without surveying first. That strip takes up screen space and is bloody annoying. And if you INSIST on adding it make it customizable so that users, whom you seem to dump on regularly with awful apps, can hide it. And if you don't like the tone of this message then stop adding crap without allowing it to be hidden or fully controlled by the user.

I had the tried the latest version as shown on the Maxthon home page and spent quite a bit of time trying to find out how to disable this strip bar. Since I couldn't I then had to figure out which one I had updated from. That's why it took so long. I don't trust Maxthon to come out with an update that allows for removal of that annoying strip bar until someone posts an actual video of the latest version where it is shown how to do it.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2023 at 11:42 AM, Magdalene said:

Click on the widget cog on New Tab Page (Bottom Right hand corner). Scroll down then disable Top Bar.

Maxthon Snap20230915163941.png

Thanks for that. I really wish that people would stop changing the nomenclature of readily identifiable elements of browsers. That area is normally called the bookmarks bar. But thanks for letting me know where to turn it off.

Archived