Give a tip

What is this and how to remove it?

I found this in the area of the top bar where two of my browsers (Chrome and Maxthon) show their installed and pinned extensions. It doesn't appear in Edge.

image.png.e203a0d4c75903d4bb016e8fd0fda041.png

I didn't even know what is that and how it got there, so I thought it was an extension. But when I went to Maxthon's Extensions area the only one there is the Resource Sniffer.

The most strange thing about it is that when I clicked on it to see what was going on it showed something related to a Brazilian streaming platform (Globoplay) and a "Bedroom TV".

image.thumb.png.0bb7565900c67b5789dc19c1c8c77e79.png

I asked my daughter if she was using Globoplay and she said she was, so I guess it has something to do with streaming stuff.

The problem is that I never installed such thing, because I use my PC for work only.

And now I want to get rid of it once and for all. Would someone please help me with that? TIA.

Edited by Paultx2
Tip   Give

4 hours ago, Paultx2 said:

I found this in the area of the top bar where two of my browsers (Chrome and Maxthon) show their installed and pinned extensions. It doesn't appear in Edge.

image.png.e203a0d4c75903d4bb016e8fd0fda041.png

I didn't even know what is that and how it got there, so I thought it was an extension. But when I went to Maxthon's Extensions area the only one there is the Resource Sniffer.

The most strange thing about it is that when I clicked on it to see what was going on it showed something related to a Brazilian streaming platform (Globoplay) and a "Bedroom TV".

image.thumb.png.0bb7565900c67b5789dc19c1c8c77e79.png

I asked my daughter if she was using Globoplay and she said she was, so I guess it has something to do with streaming stuff.

The problem is that I never installed such thing, because I use my PC for work only.

And now I want to get rid of it once and for all. Would someone please help me with that? TIA.

Hi Paultx2, this icon will appear when you stream a video or music online. It is a popup for you to control the video or music. Once you close the tab that is streaming, the icon will disappear.

• Like 1
Tip   Give