Skype plug-in

I am using the Skype plug-in on MX5.

The skype plug-in works ok with the browser, the only problem I have is that I cannot get my webcam to start when I try to make a video call.

It keeps asking me to make video and audio adjustments in my browser, so that the connection can be made.

I looked in the Settings- Advanced section to make an allowance for the camera, but there is nothing there regarding that setting.

Hi,

It is v5.3.8.2000 .

I am using it on an old laptop with Windows Vista, Home Premium.

I chose to use your browser because my laptop is old, and all the other browsers out there will not update to their current version with Vista.

I like the fact that you have those plug-ins available for the browser; I also use the Google Hangouts plug-in with it, and it works just great...no problems with that one.

Are those plug-ins just as usable on MX6?  I would rather stick to the old one if I can't use Google Hangouts. 

Can I have both browsers installed, and both functioning without interfering with each other?

Hi,

If I install the version 5.3.8.2100 for MX5, will this new install overwrite my previous version of MX5?

I noticed that when I checked the version number on "Help - About", it constantly tells me there is no new updates available.

Or, will I have 2 versions of MX5 on my laptop?

Archived