weitogo

Maxthon freezes my internet connection on my desktop often

Hi all,

When openning a new webpage, I often encounter the problem of frozen/jammed internet connection for many seconds during which my download and browsing freeze. It especially causes pain when the files I download do not support resumable downloads and I have to start them all over again.

Has anyone else come across this issue? How can it be dealt with if at all?

Thanks.

15 hours ago, weitogo said:

Hi all,

When openning a new webpage, I often encounter the problem of frozen/jammed internet connection for many seconds during which my download and browsing freeze. It especially causes pain when the files I download do not support resumable downloads and I have to start them all over again.

Has anyone else come across this issue? How can it be dealt with if at all?

Thanks.

Hi weitogo, could you let me know the version of your browser? The Maxthon 6 browser has been released, would you like to have a try?

Download link. https://dl.maxthon.cn/mx6/mx6.0.0.2400_beta.exe

Hi BugSir006, 

Thanks for getting back to me. The version I am using is v5.2.7.2000 portable. I might as well try mx6. Thanks for the suggestion. Nevertheless, it would be great to know what might have caused the issue.

Edited by weitogo
Typo

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 2:33 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi weitogo, could you let me know the version of your browser? The Maxthon 6 browser has been released, would you like to have a try?

Download link. https://dl.maxthon.cn/mx6/mx6.0.0.2400_beta.exe

Hi BugSir006, 

Thanks for getting back to me. The version I am using is v5.2.7.2000 portable. I might as well try mx6. Thanks for the suggestion. Nevertheless, it would be great to know what might have caused the issue.

On 7/25/2020 at 1:26 PM, weitogo said:

Hi BugSir006, 

Hi there, probably the error user data caused the freeze issue. You can try to delete the folder "UserData" then log in to sync the data again.

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, probably the error user data caused the freeze issue. You can try to delete the folder "UserData" then log in to sync the data again.

Thanks again.

Would it cause any issues if I delete the folder and its content?

On 7/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, weitogo said:

Thanks again.

Would it cause any issues if I delete the folder and its content?

Hi weitogo, if you don't have the browser account, your user data will lose after deleting the folder "UserData." 

1 hour ago, BlackSun said:

I also have the same problems. Maxthon freezes often.

use maxthon v5.3.8.2000

Hi there, we recommend you to install v5.3.8.2100.

https://dl.maxthon.com/mx5/mx5.3.8.2100-beta.exe

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi weitogo, if you don't have the browser account, your user data will lose after deleting the folder "UserData." 

That leads to another issue I have been having. For some time now, my account's cloud storage data size is very small, currently at 68.28mb. In other words, it does not appear that it syncs properly. So I am wary of deleting local user data.

10 hours ago, weitogo said:

That leads to another issue I have been having. For some time now, my account's cloud storage data size is very small, currently at 68.28mb. In other words, it does not appear that it syncs properly. So I am wary of deleting local user data.

Hi there, could you let me know which content sync failed? If the browser has the error message, such as "sync failed," please send a screenshot to me.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, could you let me know which content sync failed? If the browser has the error message, such as "sync failed," please send a screenshot to me.

Well, there aren't any error messages per se, or at least not for a while. But I do notice there is older and less user data available synced to a new version of Maxthon browser newly installed. And then I have to manually move local data from older version browser if I am lucky enough to accomplish that successfully. I wish I can have more control over the data sync between my pc and cloud storage. It does not seem that migration of user data from older version to newer version via cloud storage is happening for me even though the sync seems up to date with my account.

21 hours ago, weitogo said:

Well, there aren't any error messages per se, or at least not for a while. But I do notice there is older and less user data available synced to a new version of Maxthon browser newly installed. And then I have to manually move local data from older version browser if I am lucky enough to accomplish that successfully. I wish I can have more control over the data sync between my pc and cloud storage. It does not seem that migration of user data from older version to newer version via cloud storage is happening for me even though the sync seems up to date with my account.

Hi there, could you let me know which content of the data cannot be synced? Maxnote and passwords data can sync to cloud and sync to other devices.

30 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, could you let me know which content of the data cannot be synced? Maxnote and passwords data can sync to cloud and sync to other devices.

Bookmarks. Do they get synced at all or is local manual transfer the only way to go? Even with local transfer, I have failed, which is why I haven't been able to upgrade to a later version.

2 minutes ago, weitogo said:

Bookmarks. Do they get synced at all or is local manual transfer the only way to go? Even with local transfer, I have failed, which is why I haven't been able to upgrade to a later version.

Hi weitogo, bookmarks data under your browser account should be synced automatically. Try logging in to uu.me then check the data online, please. If the data fails to sync to uu.me please send screenshots or a short video of this issue to me.

On 7/30/2020 at 5:55 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi weitogo, bookmarks data under your browser account should be synced automatically. Try logging in to uu.me then check the data online, please. If the data fails to sync to uu.me please send screenshots or a short video of this issue to me.

I can only sometimes manage to manually transfer bookmarks by using 'import/export user data' function. Under mx://note/, it appears that "synchoronizing...' keeps going endlessly without making any difference.

Also, the connection freezing problem persists after I started using the lastest version of maxthon portable. Therefore, I do not think there is any problem with userdata as the Maxthon portable folder is freshly created. Sometimes, when I have both MaxthonPortable_5.3.8.2000 and Maxthon mx6.0.0.2601_beta running. Browsing on MX6 can also triger freezes causing both versions to lose connections at the same time, only to be restored after some seconds or minutes.

And I never know when this issue will occur again next time. Sometimes, if I realise quickly enough a new page is not opening up, I can prevent the freeze from occuring by closing that tab promptly. But I cannot always be so lucky to catch it before it freezes properly when my downloadings are disconnected with some of which not able to resume from where they were dropped. Quite annoying and frustrating.

Any other suggestions?