×

Give a tip

Maxthon 4.9.0.2900 magnet links handling


Recommended Posts

For some reason, I can't let maxthon use magnet links to download from torrents.

I've tried various bittorrent clients, including Vuze, qbittorrent, deluge and haalite.

All claimed they registered to magnet links, but none worked.

I think it might also (or instead) have something to do with Windows 10 OS update I had recently, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone help?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

For some reason, I can't let maxthon use magnet links to download from torrents.

I've tried various bittorrent clients, including Vuze, qbittorrent, deluge and haalite.

All claimed they registered to magnet links, but none worked.

I think it might also (or instead) have something to do with Windows 10 OS update I had recently, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone help?

When you click on magnet link your torrent client should automatically grab it and open up main program/ start download.
Did you check this in other browsers?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, m▲gg said:

When you click on magnet link your torrent client should automatically grab it and open up main program/ start download.
Did you check this in other browsers?

You are correct. It doesn't work anymore on other web browsers.

But why? Can you help with this somehow? Do you also have this issue?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

You are correct. It doesn't work anymore on other web browsers.

But why? Can you help with this somehow? Do you also have this issue?

Works fine here (also on Win 10). Just (clean) install your torrent client again.

On my site during installation µTorrent I chose to associate client with.magnet files.

And that's all. You can set the same in every torrent software.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't help. I've tried multiple bittorrent clients. all can't use magnet links via any web browser, even though they are supposed to.

Is there maybe an addon for this, like on other web browsers?

 

My windows OS version (as written by running "winver" command) is:
"version 1511 (os build 10586.0)"

Is it the same as on yours?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.