Maxthon for WIN XP

K. But why? When i try to install it it says: "NSIS Error" "Error launching installer". So what should i do?

Probably damaged Maxthon installer.

Try download once again and check then.

Use link/ installer from Tony's post.

cannot answer that - that error usually suggests a corrupt download - a quick google search says

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus

have you re downloaded from my link - if so then you need to look at your PC first

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

If you get the NSIS error while installing software on your computer, then the software has failed the integrity check, and is either corrupt or damaged.

Download a fresh copy of the software and try again. Via the Link Tony gave you.

(if the last Download gave you a very long name e.g. big letters and lots of numbers (=MD5), then next time short the filename down, XP don't like to long names, nor foreign letters 中 )

If this new install, still gives you an NSIS error, then there might be a virus on you computer, that may have corrupted the file.

To overcome this problem, update your Anti-Virus software and do a thorough search / scan of your PC for viruses. 

If you don't find any Virus / Malware then you chek your Hard Disk. Because CRC check failed can also give NSIS errors, so run you Scandisk on your HDD

ScanDisk Spoiler... (^^,)

The Scandisk utility in Windows XP is not as easy to find as in earlier versions of Windows.

This shows you how to access and run the Scandisk utility in XP.

1. Click on My Computer
2. Right click on your main drive (usually 'C')
3. Select Properties
4. Click on the Tools tab
5. Under Error Checking.... Click Check Now
6. Tick the options that you require = Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
6. Click Start

You may be prompted to restart Windows XP before it will run.

But do it when you don't need the PC, because this takes a loooong time, do it over night.

Best Regards Ohke

EDIT : I'm to slow... (^^,) You Mod's Rock's... :titter:

Check the MD5 hash using http://www.getmd5checker.com/download

Download, extract, run, drag'n'drop the Maxthon installer file to the program and check the MD5 against the one noted in the thread. If they're the same then it's not a corrupt file, but something else that's the cause. ~Ohke's suggestions would be the next step.

Also you can try the portable version. Download, extract, run. No need for installing.

EDIT: just been testing this and none of the hashes that i'm getting match any of the ones that are listed in the threads... weird.

Archived