How to apply updated user agent settings in Android OS?

I am running Maxthon on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) and I am liking it so far. Except when I go for editing my Google Sheets in the browser (since the apps version don't have much features as the web version), I always get that my browser is outdated and it makes me dismiss or unable to use the sheets feature. Clicking on "dismiss" will close my tab or not allow me to edit the documents at all. It happens also in Gmail but I can at least view my mails there.

I read the updating the UA's in one of the stickied threads but mostly there were for Windows, or Macs. I couldn't find one for Android and does anyone know how I can update my UA?

I am running KitKat 4.4.2 rooted, by the way. Thank you.

I don't have an android device on me, but last I check there was an option to change UA. I don't think you can customise it like the PC version, but you should have options of Android/Desktop/iPhone at least. Try one of those options and see if it helps.

I don't have an android device on me, but last I check there was an option to change UA. I don't think you can customise it like the PC version, but you should have options of Android/Desktop/iPhone at least. Try one of those options and see if it helps.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I only wish to use in Desktop mode because some features on Google Sheets that I need such as the format copy button doesn't work on mobile UA mode (ie. Android/iOS). The button would not be visible at all. I can only see it in Desktop mode. So I'm using Chrome Beta in Desktop at the moment to do just that which prevents me from fully switching to Maxthon. I like Maxthon because it doesn't force reload of tabs that are already opened when I switch back to them. Other browsers do that and it's very annoying.

Since, I don't have a computer this is so frustrating. :/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived