Address bar search issue

7.1.8.9000(64-bit)0424 18:47

Today I went to use the address bar and I get search suggestions, it was resolving to history, bookmarks etc. I don't like that and tried playing with settings. Broke the search function so I set everything to defaults which did not fix the search function but did reset things like search engines etc.

Just type and hit enter and nothing. If I right click copy / paste it's in the top of the list but is not highlighted and wont paste to the address bar.

I played with settings / smart address bar and got it to work but only with the search suggestions. image attached

Suggested search image attached

If I change any settings I can get it to work once or twice without suggestions but it always reverts to a non functioning address / search bar.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Addres bar settings.jpg

search suggestions.jpg

Edited by Jeffrey Bohn

7 hours ago, Jeffrey Bohn said:

7.1.8.9000(64-bit)0424 18:47

Today I went to use the address bar and I get search suggestions, it was resolving to history, bookmarks etc. I don't like that and tried playing with settings. Broke the search function so I set everything to defaults which did not fix the search function but did reset things like search engines etc.

Just type and hit enter and nothing. If I right click copy / paste it's in the top of the list but is not highlighted and wont paste to the address bar.

I played with settings / smart address bar and got it to work but only with the search suggestions. image attached

Suggested search image attached

If I change any settings I can get it to work once or twice without suggestions but it always reverts to a non functioning address / search bar.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Addres bar settings.jpg

search suggestions.jpg

Hi Jeffrey Bohn, you could just disable Smart address bar feature to stop the prompting. You could go under Settings < General < Search Engine to make sure you have the necessary search engine in there.

If I disable smart address bar the search function does not work at all. Also: If I right click copy / paste it's in the top of the list but is not highlighted and wont paste to the address bar.

Is there a way to revert to an older version or do a "clean install"?

On 5/10/2024 at 9:10 PM, Jeffrey Bohn said:

If I disable smart address bar the search function does not work at all. Also: If I right click copy / paste it's in the top of the list but is not highlighted and wont paste to the address bar.

Is there a way to revert to an older version or do a "clean install"?

Hi Jeffrey Bohn, could you try with this latest version : https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/28417-maxthon-pc-7189400-beta/