[WinPC Resolved] All tabs refreshing frequently

Kutar

Not one of you stated which Maxthon version you are using, which is a critical piece of information in trying to solve your problem, and I mean the whole version number, not "the latest version", which I am sure you most likely don't have as that would be an internal release. It is also important to know what operating system version you are using as the Windows flavor makes a difference as well; Win10 may behave differently with Maxthon Cloud than Win7 or Win 8.1. It all helps in diagnosing your problem.

I am using Win10 HOME with Maxthon Cloud V. 4.4.7.3000 and experience none of what any of you are reporting, and I never have in the past either with earlier builds or MX3, so I have to wonder about your installation and possibly settings. In my personal experience, this is not a direct Maxthon problem that is witnessed by all users so I'm not sure that whenever a Maxthon 5 becomes a reality that it will be solved for you guys as it might be cause by something else entirely. Let's see what some more knowledgeable forum folks or the dev team think about this.

this is not a direct Maxthon problem that is witnessed by all users so I'm not sure that whenever a Maxthon 5 becomes a reality that it will be solved for you guys as it might be cause by something else entirely.

I think you are spot on there!

Did anyone try the link in post #2?

I know this might come off as slighty snarky, but It really seems to me that many people want one click fixes without realising it's never that easy. If it was there'd be a page that listed them all. On top of that not providing ANY information to ascertain the cause of the problem just drags things out longer than it needs to be.

Think about this - Do you ring a mechanic and say "my car broke down, how do i fix it"?

Not everyone is tech savvy or have enough time to troubleshoot all that and they don't want to or not capable of bringing every piece of info. It simply started  that particular issue for me after reinstalling latest maxthon browser downloaded from Official MaxThon Website. MY OS is not tampered, changed, formatted or reinstalled at all.  everything the same, except that only maxthon was uninstalled  and reinstalled~ I thought it was a good enough info.

I just would have  ditched this browser and moved onto other web browsers but I registered and came here to post this "fix it"  thread out of f****** frustration. Maxthon always had had various problems like  being so sluggish and heavy, fail to load certain websites and pages , crashing,  not being able to keep up with new chrome plugins  or stuff and getting behind a day or two so like youtube website won't be usable for a good amount days, some compatibility issue and shit, etc...  Well wot do i know  i m just one of an end-users who know nothing about technicalities.  but within some given time new version or updates of maxthon came out and  fixed some of those issues so I kinda decided to stick with this browser even tho it still is a bit shitty ^-^

Excuse my manner but to be honest I always have thought Maxthon as somewhat of crappy copycat of Chrome but have some superficial features like customizable hotkey and easy shortcut key for duplicate tab stuff to differentiate it from other famous browsers. These fancy features alone were good enough reason for me to stick with it. But I dislike Chinese products in general with a few exceptions and I hope you can respect and understand where I am coming from. Actually I don't even feel that comfortable using cloud sync app sync , facebook sync and stuff of this Chinese company.

Yeah i know its funny I say that  because i have been using this browser for more than 5 years.  And... I might as well continue using it since the problem is magically fixed a day after posting my thread.  I guess I am a loyal customer of max. Ha! I can see that Chinese engineers are very competent despite being a bit shady and secretive.

anyway thx for comments and magical fix.

if the issue occurs again later, I will make sure to follow your troubleshoot guide in post#2

p.s.: oh i have another question. does anyone know y my maxthon account stopped leveling up? it stopped counting my login hours and its been this way for more than several months if I remember correctly. is that feature discontinued or somethin?

Not everyone is tech savvy or have enough time to troubleshoot all that and they don't want to or not capable of bringing every piece of info. It simply started  that particular issue for me after reinstalling latest maxthon browser downloaded from Official MaxThon Website. MY OS is not tampered, changed, formatted or reinstalled at all.  everything the same, except that only maxthon was uninstalled  and reinstalled~ I thought it was a good enough info.

p.s.: oh i have another question. does anyone know y my maxthon account stopped leveling up? it stopped counting my login hours and its been this way for more than several months if I remember correctly. is that feature discontinued or somethin?

no need to be "techy" to follow the troubleshoot guide.. everybody here has a different system (OS, processor, graphic card,..), a different maxthon version in a different language and probably some extensions, maybe different ABP rules. Finding out where the issue is requires a little method. Most of the time, following the few steps described in the guide leads to a fix, if not then we feed the bug section of this forum and devs try to find a solution.

About your level.. Honestly I never check mine (useless feature IMO)  : it maybe a network issue : does sync work ?

sigmax2.png

In fact, the browser will have removed and reinstalled about 5 times from 0 without sicronizar nothing and tends to happen sometimes ...

Besides Maxthon he has always had problems have forgotten the have been reading the forum and always put the same solutions and as I said if you want to get to a better public not everyone reads a problem "YOUTUBE" It is a problem that has come from several versions have not fixed anything, problems etc compabitibilidad

The above says that version of maxthon use, because personally I always use all updated Windows 10 and Maxthon 4.4.7.3000

I do not understand, as maxthon works so bad PBL was a shit when they put it, and contain errors, and other browser I've been using for a long time, but the latest versions came out very bad eye the only browser that serves me is this using "Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Yandex, Vivaldi = it's a beta and I'm doing better than Maxthon.

They get to say those things, these errors have been coming YOUTUBE one may not say that is not said he has been saying for some time

In order not lengthen and if so Maxthon Bye

That is true and perfectly understandable, not everyone has the time or desire to do such things. People just want and expect their apps to work. But in saying that Firefox, Chrome even Windows all have their issues at times and aren't always fixed with an update/patch/whatever.

The thread was written so that average users could understand it hopefully without being overwhelmed. Anything that might be slightly more technical can be disregarded in most cases, or followed up in a thread such as this.

What people might not realise is that it's probably much better spending the 10mins that it takes to do some troubleshooting and read through a thread like that leading to a possible fix, rather than getting aggravated and wasting time restarting/reinstalling/finding lost pages etc when something happens.

There's a number of threads that come to mind where the troubleshooting thread fixed users issues. One that after some extra troubleshooting turned out to be a hardware problem, one that could've been fixed in 2mins, instead the user waited 5 days before deciding to actually do what was originally asked, one that was fixed by disabling an extension which was the cause of the problem.

No one will ever say Maxthon is never at fault, but you can't blame Maxthon without discounting other issues as well.

Archived