Nitro/group policy

Have you Downloaded it from here.?? > Maxthon Nitro - Maxthon  http://www.maxthon.com/nitro/   or from??  http://usa.maxthon.com/nitro/  <~ last one here gives a old version of Nitro.

Do you use XP then cut the name down from >  mxnitro1.0.1.3000_cc8a6485653fa5a52ba6d0896d0a2afc.exe   to  mxnitro1.0.1.3000.exe  before install,

XP don't like to long names and very deep paths to folders. (all those letters and numbers is just MD5 hash code).

If you run Win.7 or Win. 8.1 , have you remembered to right-click on the  mxnitro1.0.1.3000.exe  file (before install) and use Run as Admin... ?? Then it will install correctly and work.

Have you done as above and Nitro installs but does not run, right-click the program icon, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab,

select the Run as administrator check box, and then try to run the program.

If that does not help, try to install the program in a Clean Boot state. But this we can take when you give some more Info. on how the above help'd or not.

Was this PC ever joined to a corporate network, or bought used (maybe owned by a business in the past) , has it been rebuilt with clean install of OS since?

Can you tell where you got your Nitro version from, maybe a URL link to it, this might help some more... Also what system your have. (XP, Vista, Win.7,8,10, etc.)

Do you have a Virus attack on the PC lately.?? Or done a deep thorough Anti-Virus scan your PC.?? Those Virus / Malware can also trigger this with group policy.??

Good Info. always gives faster and better help... (^^,)

Best Regards Ohke

EDIT : (.") Why not the latest (Nitro 1.1.0.2000) some may say or think.??

Well read and weep here... (^^,)  > http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15388-nitro-1102000-released/?p=84287

Ok, have done what you suggested, even checking "run as  administrator" in the properties box of the download before installing and after installing. My machine is Win 7 HP 64 bit. Did a scan with malewarebytes and norton and shows nothing. Kind of stumped as no other program has showed this and I always run programs as admin and no one else uses this machine. I built this machine and it has never been on a business network as well. I also run malewarebytes anti exploit on my browsers as added protection as well and have removed Flash previously due to videos stuttering and stopping and of course Flash is a known security risk. ( I uninstalled java about 6 months ago.) Thanks for your help.

Thanks for Info... (I've got Win.7 64-bit too) (^^,)  To me, it then sounds like a software conflicts, of some kind.

First i have to ask you, do you run Norton and Malwarebytes at the same time.??

This can only be done if you have made 5 Exceptions in Norton for Malwarebyte (MBAM), and in MBAM 1 Exception for Norton.. = then NO conflict at all.

I can show you how (3 small photos), i got Norton in my Company PC at work, if you like.?? ( i can do it today or tomorrow, via my TeamViewer )

But with the Nitro install, have you installed Nitro before (an old version).??  And then update to a new, on top of the old version = no clean install for the new version.?? = this can make conflict in Nitro.

If you have done this, then make a Clean Install of Nitro, with a new download copy of Nitro. And only install as Admin as you always do = the correct way.

Last resort is to use MSCONFIG, this is tedious and involve some reading, done with great care also. If none of the above don't work, please try to install the program in a Clean Boot state.

You can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs = via Ms-config. This kind of startup is known as a "Clean Boot.".  A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

I must give you a link, because my PC is in Danish, so you wont understand those 3 photos, from these places.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows 7 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If you receive the "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed" during the install, then go to Services ( copy into Run.. > services.msc ) and start "Windows Installer" manually.

Please NOTE : After troubleshooting, refer to the section " How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting ". This last bit, you must use, to make the PC start normally again.

And remember that MS-Config is NOT a Startup Manager. It is supposed to be used for troubleshooting, NOT everything else.

Hope this will finally work in your PC, so you can use Nitro. It's good for fast surfing and a good secondary browser, when helping in Forums.(^^,)

Best Regards Ohke

EDIT : And i go Google hunting for >  Norton: 'This Program Is Blocked By Group Policy.'  (^^,)

Oops found one, that faster than MS-Config... (a .bat file)

Local Group Policy - Reset to Default - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/214461-local-group-policy-reset-default.html

Ok, have done what you suggested, even checking "run as  administrator" in the properties box of the download before installing and after installing. My machine is Win 7 HP 64 bit. Did a scan with malewarebytes and norton and shows nothing. Kind of stumped as no other program has showed this and I always run programs as admin and no one else uses this machine. I built this machine and it has never been on a business network as well. I also run malewarebytes anti exploit on my browsers as added protection as well and have removed Flash previously due to videos stuttering and stopping and of course Flash is a known security risk. ( I uninstalled java about 6 months ago.) Thanks for your help.

Where did you install it? In the default location or did you select some other folder?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived