Financial Times website

I'm having trouble with the ft.com website. 

1. If I login but have used up my allowance of articles I should get a screen telling me so - I don't the screen is dimmed but that's all

2. If I login correctly I can't see any of the comments for an article

So far I've tried in ultra & retro, with and without AdBlock, upgrade & clean install

In retro mode part of the sign in screen overwrites the sign in prompt

No problem if I use Maxthon 3 (and I don't remember any with Maxthon 2), I've tried to revert to that but it keeps on upgrading itself. :wacko:

If no one has a solution what's the next best browser? :(

Have you tried to use your UserAgent.?? This may help you. (default setting is maybe to old)

It makes the website you visiting, to detect your browser version and adjust the page design, so you can work on there website, with your Browser. (^^,)

Use a truncated version = it's faster, and remember to leave the mark on [V] in your Customize UserAgent string set it to Maxthon. (you find it under Settings > Advanced...)

Restart Browser and test if it works... (^^,)

Updated User Agent - General Discussion - Find one that fits your OS version and Maxthon version.

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/10453-updated-user-agent/

Best Regards Ohke

I'm having trouble with the ft.com website. 

1. If I login but have used up my allowance of articles I should get a screen telling me so - I don't the screen is dimmed but that's all

2. If I login correctly I can't see any of the comments for an article

I confirm the point 1, the popup window (below) don't appears.

For the point 2, have you a link where it has comments (during my tests with Opera I never find article with comments)?

Have you tried to use your UserAgent.?? This may help you. (default setting is maybe to old)

It makes the website you visiting, to detect your browser version and adjust the page design, so you can work on there website, with your Browser. (^^,)

Use a truncated version = it's faster, and remember to leave the mark on [V] in your Customize UserAgent string set it to Maxthon. (you find it under Settings > Advanced...)

Restart Browser and test if it works... (^^,)

Updated User Agent - General Discussion - Find one that fits your OS version and Maxthon version.

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/10453-updated-user-agent/

Best Regards Ohke

Yup, trawling through the forum I found that, tried it - no go

Disable any extensions and test.

Go thru the troubleshooting thread and see if you come up with anything.

Could just be an incompatibility with the version of Blink that Maxthon uses.

Here,

I haven't extension installed

It's effectively an incompatibility with the very old core of Maxthon, all is good with the 4.4.5.600 Cr37 version! :D

Here,

I haven't extension installed

It's effectively an incompatibility with the very old core of Maxthon, all is good with the 4.4.5.600 Cr37 version! :D

Does that mean its possible for me to download a version that works? Or is 4.4.5.600 Cr37  an older version?

Sorry, it's an internal version in devellopement, no possibility to dowload for you (works for this case, but otherwise it has a lot of bugs! :titter: )

Archived