Webm and Animated png

will Maxhon support animated png? Also, I've noticed that Android version behaves differently with webm files depending on Android version: in 4.1 it looped those videos but on 4.4. it plays them once. Also in both cases it does not allow download of those videos or checking their properties or anything that a desktop version provides

Maxthon on Android is a shell for the WebView component. It will support whatever that supports and nothing else, meaning your version of Android will affect its performance, standards support, etc.

WebKit/Blink has never supported APNGs and probably never will seeing as it's not standardised. Only Gecko (Firefox) remains the sole supporter of it as Presto (Opera 12.x) is unsupported.

bricky149 replied at 2014-7-16 00:10 back.gif

It never had native support for APNGs, only via an extension. APNG was a Mozilla idea that never c ...

maybe... But I've been seeing more and more APNGs lately. Mainly on anime-related sites, but still. Well, not like the lack of support of APNG in Maxthon is killing me (= Just wondered about it.

Patty_yx replied at 2014-7-16 22:32 back.gif

Interesting.. Any url for the ANPGS videos? Cool avatar

APNGs are not videos: they are same as GIF, but different compression method, which results in potentially larger file, but a way better quality. There iare over 300+ APNGs on https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/?tags=animated_png&commit=Search as example, but I should warn, that it has some 18+ stuff. Also I believe there was a number of them on 4chan.

Webms can also be found on 4chan. Or... Youtube. But it uses its own API for handling them, not the browsers'.

Simbiat replied at 2014-7-17 16:03 back.gif

APNGs are not videos: they are same as GIF, but different compression method, which results in pot ...

Patty: An APNG is an Animated Portable Network Graphic.

Simbiat: 4chan does not contain APNGs (/g/ and /mlp/ lurker here) but added WebM support in April. AFAIK YouTube's HTML5 player still depends on the browser's codecs/HTML5 support so each browser can have slightly different results or experiences. While unrelated, Maxthon's engine is based on a version of Chromium/Blink that dislikes WebMs of odd resolutions, e.g. 853x480.

Archived