LeetZero

Feed Reader almost completely broken in 5.2.3.4000

6 posts in this topic

Using Maxthon v5.2.3.4000 on Windows 10.

The Feed Reader wasn't completely broken since Maxthon 5 launch, but has since became more and more degraded. Midway to the time of this post, accessing it through the direct link mx://rss-reader/ would lead to a error, but that was fixed by refreshing once.

Lately however, namely after a batch of previous updates (which I haven't updated since around 5.2.2 since MxUp.exe apparently keeps crashing and I have to manually download Maxthon manually every time to update but that's another issue) it seems like it's possible to access that link directly without errors.

However, it seems functionality has been broken, or at least is on the verge of breaking:

"Updating All" does not do anything, all feeds are in the process of updating after clicking the button but they do not actually populate with new feeds. I can confirm said feeds are functional, and individually updating feeds works.
"Export Feed List" does not do anything.
Moving things around is shoddy; sometimes ignored, and sometimes even straight-up removes entire feeds after a page refresh. Moving an item under another one will make it be deleted after a page refresh 50% of the time.
Adding new feeds does not work.
"View in Feed Reader" does not work.

I am not sure if this even fully encompasses the amount of issues revolving around the Feed Reader at the time of this post as virtually all functionality has been broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LeetZero said:

Using Maxthon v5.2.3.4000 on Windows 10.

The Feed Reader wasn't completely broken since Maxthon 5 launch, but has since became more and more degraded. Midway to the time of this post, accessing it through the direct link mx://rss-reader/ would lead to a error, but that was fixed by refreshing once.

Lately however, namely after a batch of previous updates (which I haven't updated since around 5.2.2 since MxUp.exe apparently keeps crashing and I have to manually download Maxthon manually every time to update but that's another issue) it seems like it's possible to access that link directly without errors.

However, it seems functionality has been broken, or at least is on the verge of breaking:

"Updating All" does not do anything, all feeds are in the process of updating after clicking the button but they do not actually populate with new feeds. I can confirm said feeds are functional, and individually updating feeds works.
"Export Feed List" does not do anything.
Moving things around is shoddy; sometimes ignored, and sometimes even straight-up removes entire feeds after a page refresh. Moving an item under another one will make it be deleted after a page refresh 50% of the time.
Adding new feeds does not work.
"View in Feed Reader" does not work.

I am not sure if this even fully encompasses the amount of issues revolving around the Feed Reader at the time of this post as virtually all functionality has been broken.

I tried it in v5.2.4.1100 but haven't reproduced. Could you please provide some URL for testing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

I tried it in v5.2.4.1100 but haven't reproduced. Could you please provide some URL for testing?

Manual add:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/StupidFox?format=xml
http://feeds.feedburner.com/oatmealfeed?format=xml
http://feeds.feedburner.com/PoorlyDrawnLines?format=xml

Mx Preview add:
http://www.pcgamer.com/rss/
http://www.loadingartist.com/feed/
http://paintraincomic.com/feed/

It's also worth mentioning I had since removed the feeds and now I am unable to add them through the preview either as the button to add is still "View in Feed Reader".

Edit: After browser restart, in the preview I am able to add the feed, but the feed doesn't actually get added and "View in Feed Reader" still doesn't have functionality.

Edited by LeetZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I have tried on my side but haven't reproduced. I recommend you to update the browser to the latest version or change the network. :wink:

test.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi, I have tried on my side but haven't reproduced. I recommend you to update the browser to the latest version or change the network. :wink:

Hey, sorry I hadn't updated because I am setting the browser up again but:

I had also tried the MX Beta version but it hadn't worked any better.

I did now however do a full clean install (after a uninstall) of Maxthon and while all the feeds are gone, it seems I can add feeds again and most functionality works, so I guess it was an isolated issue that somehow broke it during Maxthon updates, but that's that then. :D thanks for your time.

Edited by LeetZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LeetZero said:

Hey, sorry I hadn't updated because I am setting the browser up again but:

I had also tried the MX Beta version but it hadn't worked any better.

I did now however do a full clean install (after a uninstall) of Maxthon and while all the feeds are gone, it seems I can add feeds again and most functionality works, so I guess it was an isolated issue that somehow broke it during Maxthon updates, but that's that then. :D thanks for your time.

I'm glad that you were able to fix the issue. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites