Strange audio playback in background [MX5 v5.0.2.1000 updated]

ZunA

Dear friend,

I notice strange audio playback in MX5 without any notice where it is playing and only way to stop it is to close entire browser not a tab where it appear...

It happens only (not every time) on www.eztv.it website after I click on magnet link to download something I receive some overscreen popup (screenshot in attachment) and after that audio is start to playback... Closing this tab does not stop it from playing... In tabs bar there is no notification of audio where it is playing (no speaker icon).

Thnx.

dddata.jpg

10 hours ago, ZunA said:

Dear friend,

I notice strange audio playback in MX5 without any notice where it is playing and only way to stop it is to close entire browser not a tab where it appear...

It happens only (not every time) on www.eztv.it website after I click on magnet link to download something I receive some overscreen popup (screenshot in attachment) and after that audio is start to playback... Closing this tab does not stop it from playing... In tabs bar there is no notification of audio where it is playing (no speaker icon).

Thnx.

dddata.jpg

Buy a good antivirus.

not said virus; it's related to scripts on the website that automatically run. 

in settings you uncheck : run all plugins nothing appears

i also use comodo dragon among others; but with extensions to prevent annoying things like the one one you report

but not possible on MX, cannot use chrome web store

about KIS good AV and you know there is numerous settings; but in fact are you sure there is no adwares or rootkits or others, silently running on your computer

let's have a check with adw cleaner and mbar.When did you run a complete and detailed analysis with KIS for the last time

15 hours ago, karajan said:

not said virus; it's related to scripts on the website that automatically run. 

in settings you uncheck : run all plugins nothing appears

i also use comodo dragon among others; but with extensions to prevent annoying things like the one one you report

but not possible on MX, cannot use chrome web store

about KIS good AV and you know there is numerous settings; but in fact are you sure there is no adwares or rootkits or others, silently running on your computer

let's have a check with adw cleaner and mbar.When did you run a complete and detailed analysis with KIS for the last time

Last week check all... 

As I said before, it happens only on this website and only with MX5 but not always...

I understand that it is some script but maybe that is security problem... maybe... I only want for Maxthon to be a best browser and that is a reason why I report it... :)

That is an interesting one. Doesn't happen on other browsers

EDIT: looks like ABP isn't blocking the popup properly.

Adding ||dearerfonder.info to the ABP rules for that site seems to block it, but you still get the popup for the app required notice.

But really, if a site is adding dodgy stuff like that i wouldn't be using them no matter how good they might be.

if you open with edge you'll be warned: the redirection leads to a phishing webpage

so with comodo dragon or firefox you can use ublock origin; ADB+ or poper blocker

maxthon as everybody knows now doesn't support chrome extensions and is not a chrome clone, so you're right must be improved

the ADblock version needs adjustments since you did not get the same results than the actual ADB

Archived