Maxthon 7: search within the address bar gets disabled through a setting

Hello, 

I suppose this is a bug. I noticed that the search feature was not working anymore when typing in the address bar: pressing Enter does nothing. And also, the "Search [selected text] with [your search engine]" line in the context menu disappeared, and that was very annoying. I even installed an extension to get the search feature back in the context menu, 'cause i'm using it A LOT.

I tried to find out what was going on, and why. I created new guest profiles, restored parameter to default, and finally I found out: it's the parameter in Intelligent Address Bar, "Show in Search Results: search suggestion". When it's unchecked, it disables search in address bar and in context menu. And restoring default settings does NOT restore it to it's default: checked. It remains unchecked if it has been previously unchecked.

So i'm glad I found out because I've created new profiles and it happened again, it pissed me off and I was tempted to throw away this browser  😝 

Version: 7.1.7.8000(64 bits)

Maxthon bug.jpg

• RayBanana changed the title to Maxthon 7: search within the address bar gets disabled through a setting

Archived