Adobe Flash End-of-Life coming at and of 2020

Others may have been aware of Adobe's announcement of Flash End-of-Life. but I just learned of it.  See this article https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/.

I hope and wonder if Maxthon is planning for this EOL?  To test that I've disabled pepflashplayer.dll in Maxthon and Flash/Shockwave plugins in Firefox to see if I encounter problems.

If there are problems, I'll suspect the website before a browser.

Does Maxthon have a roadmap for the transition?

<<SL>>

3 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

I'll suspect the website before a browser.

This. The browser just provides the platform for it to run on. If it's not available then it won't work. It's up to the website to ensure they've updated it to allow for the loss of flash.

Many sites may not be in a hurry as it will still be around for a while yet. Some have already transitioned to HTML5 and other means.

3 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Does Maxthon have a roadmap for the transition?

I'd say they'd keep including flash until it's officially unsupported. Unless they decide to follow that of Google/Mozilla/Microsoft who are blocking it on their browsers and only enabling it on a per site basis. At least that helps push users and websites away from it as they're more inclined to ensure it's future proofed if they run into that small roadblock.

Can't see that happening with MX though given their lack of desire to give users any advanced options, especially when related to plugins.

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

This. The browser just provides the platform for it to run on. If it's not available then it won't work. It's up to the website to ensure they've updated it to allow for the loss of flash.

Many sites may not be in a hurry as it will still be around for a while yet. Some have already transitioned to HTML5 and other means.

I'd say they'd keep including flash until it's officially unsupported. Unless they decide to follow that of Google/Mozilla/Microsoft who are blocking it on their browsers and only enabling it on a per site basis. At least that helps push users and websites away from it as they're more inclined to ensure it's future proofed if they run into that small roadblock.

Can't see that happening with MX though given their lack of desire to give users any advanced options, especially when related to plugins.

Well, I've disabled Flash in both Mx and FF and have not encountered a problem yet.  I thought I'd had one, but a second check revealed the site work Flash-free.

I have a few more TV channels to check.

<<SL>>

Archived