A.S.

MultiTranslator

Recommended Posts

On 15.01.2016, 17:41:48, Pascal1703 said:

Oher features I use not every day but still frequently
- split screen
- cloud push
- translate
- open a new window in a new session

Build-in translator is not so important, because it's not so cool: works only with Google.
We already have many extensions for translation (for example, MultuTranslator). 

vk.cc/4FLD38

Edited by A.S.
I did not create this topic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A.S. said:

Build-in translator is not so important, because it's not so cool: works only with Google.
We already have many extensions for translation (for example, MultuTranslator). 

Not quite: Google, Youdao, and Baidu translators.  Beyond that any others ought to be implementable with bookmarklets, e.g., Bing (MS) Translator.  I don't know if Yandex has a translator.

MultiTranslator extension I tried for a while, but it never worked right for me.

                         <<SL>>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Your multitranslator doesn't work. Translate using Bing won't change the language and the last one, which I think is Russian, won't even open the page. Uninstalling.

From what I understand, A.S. sent Wilser his own modified M$ translator so he wouldn't need to change languages. Multiutranslator isn't even by A.S.

Edited by Plugger
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Not quite: Google, Youdao, and Baidu translators.  Beyond that any others ought to be implementable with bookmarklets, e.g., Bing (MS) Translator.  I don't know if Yandex has a translator.
MultiTranslator extension I tried for a while, but it never worked right for me.

OK. If No1Fan made this topic for use, we will talk about problems with build-in translator here. Maybe about other problems and bug. Maybe if moderators here give me one day without unwarranted deletionand and threats, I will write about one bug, which can be a cool fearture, if MX Team write about this as about feture!

1. Build-in translator works with Google only, if you're not from China. YouDao and Baitu are useless for you if you don't understand hieroglyph. 
2. MultuTranslator will be update soon. I hope. Just think about this: if developer live in Russia, he use Russian and  if he see Russian when extension works, all right. How can he know about problems? I wrote to him about not English interface in PROMT, it's all.
This is problem, which can be fixed in a few minutes... if you know about this!
But if all what you did is just sat here and "used MX from MyIE", if your did not write any feedbak about your problems or write only "Does not work!", what are you waiting for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A.S. said:

OK. If No1Fan made this topic for use, we will talk about problems with build-in translator here. Maybe about other problems and bug. Maybe if moderators here give me one day without unwarranted deletionand and threats, I will write about one bug, which can be a cool fearture, if MX Team write about this as about feture!

1. Build-in translator works with Google only, if you're not from China. YouDao and Baitu are useless for you if you don't understand hieroglyph. 
2. MultuTranslator will be update soon. I hope. Just think about this: if developer live in Russia, he use Russian and  if he see Russian when extension works, all right. How can he know about problems? I wrote to him about not English interface in PROMT, it's all.
This is problem, which can be fixed in a few minutes... if you know about this!
But if all what you did is just sat here and "used MX from MyIE", if your did not write any feedbak about your problems or write only "Does not work!", what are you waiting for?

I agree with everything you said.  The creator is from Russia and made it for his and other, likely Russian, users.  He wouldn't know of problems without feedback.  In my case I've tried Multitranslator, Bing Translator, and MS Translator addons and they all failed and still do.

BUT ... a big but ... the scripts Wilser and others have posted for bookmarlkets do work.  I assume the addons use the same script, but something is wrong in all of them.  Maxthon's translator works fine for me as it is.  But like the Russion programmer and his native language, I use English as my native language.  Thus Maxthon's use of Google is not problematic.  Neither are Youdao or Baidu which I use at times to compare with Google's translations of the Chinese Forum.

So in the end, the scripts are sufficient and no more trouble than the addons to use.  So I haven't pushed the authors do deal with the problems I encounter since I just don't encounter them using the scripts directly.

I do want to thak you for your contributions to this forum, particularly your series of bookmarklets and tutorials on making extensions.

                                     <<SL>>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites