Tabs Keep Closing when navigating between them

mb007inc

when I have a few tabs open with different sites open and then try and go between the tabs back and forth, the tabs keep closing, when I click on the tab(No where near the x by the way). I have to constantly keep pressing the "Restore last closed page" button to re open the tab. Is anyone else getting this problem ? 

My browser is v4.4.6.1000 and according to the browser update check is the latest and up to date ?

Check your settings under Settings > Tab bar > Close tab. 

Make sure that both options are unchecked and see if it still happens. If disabling them fixes it then it's the way the mouse is registering the clicks - adjust the settings for doubleclick, or change from using Rightclick.

Reply from mb007inc via PM (can't post for some reason)

Hi. I just wanted to say thank you for your assistance on the forum. I followed your advice and saw that the check box for double click to close tab was enabled. I thiink my mouse maybe producing a double click on one press, so that would explain the problem. I no longer seem to be getting this issue after your advice. 

Kind Regards

Martyn

And if you wheel click in a spare space in a folder it will select all.

Can't get that to work in Win10.

Middle click will close a tab regardless of browser. The problem the OP is having is probably the result of a defective mouse or out dated drivers.

Looks like a mouse problem seeing as disabling that option has fixed it. Or possibly the way MX is detected the double click, a test in another browser would be interesting to see. But it seems the OP is happy with that fix.

Archived