Shotty Tab Session Manager Support

Goodbye giving up maxthon due to your pitiful pathetic session manager support or lack there of a said session manager. No options to save a session, no sessions automatically saved after a given time with everything no nothing except about:last and then when you comeback up from a restart and are greeted with this after starting maxthon back up, it really leaves a user pissed off and much more to be desired but nope nothing and clicking earlier session does nothing either, yet we have to deal with this, so I guess I'm going back to opera, heck even firefox and chrome have a session manager catch up and get with the times max!!

post-484888-0-77587600-1431835020_thumb.

Hi, there, 

we will do our best to solve your problem, and we are so sorry to cause trouble to you .

could you tell us what were you doing when then crash occured? and can you send us a crash report which can be found in %temp%--Maxthon Crash data--last file zip it and send it ot us.

About the last saved sesstions,   you can try the steps like this :
 click the [start] -----operation-----enter the %appdata%-----open the maxthon3----open users--- open the file which name is your account----- rename your history file's name as 1  . but these steps might cause the previous history cannot be viewed. but the History will work normal after you finish these setting .

hope this information is helpful. 

Best Wishes .

I've had this happen about 2 or 3 times that I recall. It was due to a HDD dying unexpectedly. Otherwise no issues. 

Although I do question why the earlier session option doesn't seem to work. It's almost always empty, and the few times it has had anything in it it's only been one or two sites. Definitely not the previous session.

Surely the current list should be copied to the earlier list when the most one is updated?

Where is the actual file where the last tabs are located? 

I have installed new copy of Windows and I copied whole Maxthon3 folder with history in it. But it did not copy the last tabs, the browsing history was copied though. And I did not copy the whole folder of Maxthon3 and my account. I wanted as fresh copy of Maxthon as possible, only with my history...

Edit: there's a lasttabs dat file in history folder.

I still can't get my head around that. There's also a plain text list in config\config.ini. When testing previously, sometimes the lasttabs.dat won't restore data, but the config.ini list is correct. So not exactly sure how they're related.

It's saved in your app data roaming folder, this is where all yourdata is stored.

C:\Users\"your account"\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\your account\History

Edit: there's a lasttabs dat file in history folder.

Nope, it's not that, I already wrote that I copied all those files from the History folder for my account, it didn't help.

I still can't get my head around that. There's also a plain text list in config\config.ini. When testing previously, sometimes the lasttabs.dat won't restore data, but the config.ini list is correct. So not exactly sure how they're related.

Thank you, that is what I need, now at least I can reopen all links and then make them as last tabs when I close Maxthon with all those tabs open...

Archived