evilead

How can I change my Skin by using dat file?

10 posts in this topic

I have done what you guys said, put 0.dat into bin folder but it didn't work at all.

 

How can I change my skin, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, evilead said:

I have done what you guys said, put 0.dat into bin folder but it didn't work at all.

 

How can I change my skin, thank you.

Anyone who wants to  help will need to know what you did.  If you edited the contents of the 0.dat file after you opened it with MxPacker, then your edits didn't do what you wanted.  You'll need to try again.

I have not had any trouble installing a skin with a modified 0.dat file.  I've done one myself (not posted) and there are Ultimate Chrome http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/15750-ultimate-chrome-skin-32-for-maxthon-490x-07012016/&do=findComment&comment=85517

and Mx Nitro http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18443-mx-nitro-skin-13-for-maxthon-490x-12012016/&do=findComment&comment=95787

and Edge http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/15751-microsoft-edge-skin-29-final-for-maxthon-490x-07012016/&do=findComment&comment=85518

skins posted here which do work.

You just have to learn what works and what doesn't.

But to expect any help a lot more details than "it doesn't work" are necessary.  But in addition you just need to learn by studying and experimenting.

Good luck ...

                        <<SL>>

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Anyone who wants to  help will need to know what you did.  If you edited the contents of the 0.dat file after you opened it with MxPacker, then your edits didn't do what you wanted.  You'll need to try again.

I have not had any trouble installing a skin with a modified 0.dat file.  I've done one myself (not posted) and there are Ultimate Chrome http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/15750-ultimate-chrome-skin-32-for-maxthon-490x-07012016/&do=findComment&comment=85517

and Mx Nitro http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18443-mx-nitro-skin-13-for-maxthon-490x-12012016/&do=findComment&comment=95787

and Edge http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/15751-microsoft-edge-skin-29-final-for-maxthon-490x-07012016/&do=findComment&comment=85518

skins posted here which do work.

You just have to learn what works and what doesn't.

But to expect any help a lot more details than "it doesn't work" are necessary.  But in addition you just need to learn by studying and experimenting.

Good luck ...

                        <<SL>>

Look, I had my Maxthon3 brower downloaded in www.maxthon.com via this link: http://dl.maxthon.com/mx3/mx3.5.2.1000.exe

Also, I downloaded Skin via links you listed above, I extracted the file then I can see a 0.dat file. I copy this file into Bin folder and I run Maxthon.exe with nothing happened.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, evilead said:

 

 

It's for V4.9, not 3.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you did that pretty much perfectly - theres a couple of minor mistakes - you are using maxthon 3 - the skins in 0.dat are for maxthon 4.9 - i can only suggest you do a bit more reading and it [maybe] will become clearer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tony said:

you did that pretty much perfectly - theres a couple of minor mistakes - you are using maxthon 3 - the skins in 0.dat are for maxthon 4.9 - i can only suggest you do a bit more reading and it [maybe] will become clearer

Is Maxthon 4.9 =  Maxthon cloud browser???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PHYR said:

It's for V4.9, not 3.5

I have downloaded Maxthon cloud browser via www.maxthon.com by simply clicking free download and I also put 0.dat into Bin folder, nothing happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

V4.9 is a new browser, twice removed from 3.5, skins for v4.9 are not compatible with v3.5. You can find 4.9 here in the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PHYR said:

V4.9 is a new browser, twice removed from 3.5, skins for v4.9 are not compatible with v3.5. You can find 4.9 here in the forum.

You mean, it is not Maxthon cloud browser? and I have to find and download it in this forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll have to do a clean install which means you'll have to remove all of personal account info for it to install properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites