Trials & Tribulations with 4.9 Series

First off, let me preface this post by saying that I'm still running Windows XP on an older HP Pavilion.  What I discovered is that I have about 1/4 the RAM (memory) of a more up-to-date computer.  (However, not everybody can just run to the store and purchase a new computer whenever they feel like it!)

After trying out the 4.9 betas AND final release version on my computer, they all performed horribly, and quickly sopped up my computer memory.  An educated guess is that my COMPUTER is the primary (possibly ONLY) reason for such insipid performance!

That said, I'm glad that Maxthon is continuing to support the 4.4.8 series for the time being... and will hopefully continue for the foreseeable future.  I downloaded 4.4.8.2000 today, and it did NOT disappoint.  It's light (or LITE, haha) and performs admirably on my computer.  Who could ask for more?

4 hours ago, UncleDave said:

First off, let me preface this post by saying that I'm still running Windows XP on an older HP Pavilion.  What I discovered is that I have about 1/4 the RAM (memory) of a more up-to-date computer.  (However, not everybody can just run to the store and purchase a new computer whenever they feel like it!)

After trying out the 4.9 betas AND final release version on my computer, they all performed horribly, and quickly sopped up my computer memory.  An educated guess is that my COMPUTER is the primary (possibly ONLY) reason for such insipid performance!

That said, I'm glad that Maxthon is continuing to support the 4.4.8 series for the time being... and will hopefully continue for the foreseeable future.  I downloaded 4.4.8.2000 today, and it did NOT disappoint.  It's light (or LITE, haha) and performs admirably on my computer.  Who could ask for more?

I agree:

I've just downloaded V4.4.8.2000 ...  it's a nice and great surprise. Works perfectly!!!, and welcome back,  search box.

Archived