A.S.

GMail reloading and SaveTube issue

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, guys!

I made SaveTube for MX, but honestly I don't know how it works. I just took the script and write that it have to be runned when page is loaded. There are list with websites where script have to be runned, but there is not any *.google.com sites. So I have no idea why it happens. But I test original script with ViolentMonkey and had the same result: page realods when I try to open new folder, but not "again and agian" as someone wrote, only once.

Sebaro know about issue. He showed me the post with issue description. But he use Linux and can not test MX extension.

So we know that this is problem of interaction between the script and browser. But we don't know the reason. 
In def.json I used these includes:

	"actions": [{
		"type": "script", 
		"entryPoints": ["doc_end"],
		"include": [
			"*.youtube.com",
			"youtube.com",
			"*.dailymotion.com",
			"dailymotion.com",
			"*.vimeo.com",
			"vimeo.com",
			"*.metacafe.com",
			"metacafe.com",
			"*.break.com",
			"break.com",
			"*.funnyordie.com",
			"funnyordie.com",
			"*.veoh.com",
			"veoh.com",
			"*.viki.com",
			"viki.com",
			"*.imdb.com",
			"imdb.com",],
		"js": ["script.js"],
		}]

In original SaveTube script:

// @include		http://youtube.com*
// @include		http://www.youtube.com*
// @include		https://youtube.com*
// @include		https://www.youtube.com*
// @include		http://gaming.youtube.com*
// @include		https://gaming.youtube.com*
// @include		http://m.youtube.com*
// @include		https://m.youtube.com*
// @include		http://dailymotion.com*
// @include		http://www.dailymotion.com*
// @include		https://dailymotion.com*
// @include		https://www.dailymotion.com*
// @include		http://vimeo.com*
// @include		http://www.vimeo.com*
// @include		https://vimeo.com*
// @include		https://www.vimeo.com*
// @include		http://metacafe.com*
// @include		http://www.metacafe.com*
// @include		https://metacafe.com*
// @include		https://www.metacafe.com*
// @include		http://break.com*
// @include		http://www.break.com*
// @include		https://break.com*
// @include		https://www.break.com*
// @include		http://funnyordie.com*
// @include		http://www.funnyordie.com*
// @include		https://funnyordie.com*
// @include		https://www.funnyordie.com*
// @include		http://veoh.com*
// @include		http://www.veoh.com*
// @include		https://veoh.com*
// @include		https://www.veoh.com*
// @include		http://viki.com*
// @include		http://www.viki.com*
// @include		https://viki.com*
// @include		https://www.viki.com*
// @include		http://imdb.com*
// @include		http://www.imdb.com*
// @include		https://imdb.com*
// @include		https://www.imdb.com*

As I undestand, it mead that script or addon works on these websites only. There are not any *.google.com 
@Chantao was the first who wrote about this, and he did it July, 29. But I last SaveTube.mxaddon update was July, 2. 
Does it mean that all worked OK a few weeks? Maybe this is really problems of browser update?

And I am still not sure that I understood you correctly. I made too many extensions to use all of these and I don't use MX as default anymore. So I am not sure that I understand what problem have other user. Maybe someone can make video with issue? I can send it to Sebaro.

And what about Maxthon Team and real developers?
Today we really need help. Because I'm not developer, I'm just user. I don't know how it works.
I even have no idea how these script and extension can broke other website.

Other post with this issue:

 

UPD:
I added some excludes to def.json:

		"exclude": [
			"*.gooogle.com",
			"google.com",
			"*.google.*",
			"google.*",
			"*mail.google.com",
			"mail.google.com"]

And now GMail issue is solved.
But I noticed the same reloading on YouTube and Google Maps.
I can not fix it for YouTube (because SaveTube have to works on Youtube) and Google Maps (because Google use different domains for different countries)
The simplest solution is just add to excludes all websites where you have this trouble. 

So where?

P.S.
I still don't know how it works and I need advice from developers.

Edited by A.S.
UPD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Some of UserScripts are not suitable to port for Maxthon addons. They sometimes request some dependencies or API calls (like GM_* stuffs). And they also have their update mechanism. Here is the reason why ViolentMonkey is the essential to do that. You cannot maintain this extension even If you get a help.

Edited by bayas
missed a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, bayas said:

Some of UserScripts are not suitable to port for Maxthon addons. They sometimes request some dependencies or API calls (like GM_* stuffs). And they also have their update mechanism. Here is the reason why ViolentMonkey is the essential to do that. You cannot maintain this extension even If you get a help.

I think I fixed it. I'm not sure, but maybe...
I'll make update and maube in will help.

I just add excludes to def,json:

		"exclude": [
			"*.gooogle.com",
			"google.com",
			"*mail.google.com",
			"mail.google.com"]

UPD:
Bad news. I fixed GMail issue only, but not other Google services...

Edited by A.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites