[ New skin is ready for you ] A skin request

MAXSHARK

Hi everybody,

The skin that I've requested is finally ready for all of you!

This skin is the default Maxthon skin with Chrome like tabs and colorful icons.The original skin was made by 大笨狗, modifed by Dr.W.Wang according to my request.

The final skin has been modified & corrected by me:

The favorite bar issue has been solved

The titles in the tab bar has been arranged to the left

The new tab icon (hover) has been lightened

The skin thumbnail has been added in order to see the skin file in the skin menu (recently used)

loooping8 has also done great efforts without whom,probably this skin would not be made at all :)

The skin and screenshot is below.

Thank you all guys and have a nice day ;)

My old message:

Hello guys.Thanks for all your efforts for the beautiful skins.

I'd like to request you a skin if it is possible.

I like the icons and skin color in this skin by loooping8

MX2classic

And the chrome tabs in this skin by 大笨狗

chrome

Would it b possible to make a combination of both skins?(The chrome skin with the icons and skin color of the first skin above?)

I hope the owner of the above skins (loooping8 and 大笨狗) will see this post :)

Thanks in advance

maxshark.mxskin

post-16673804-1431511892661_thumb.jpg

post-16673804-14315118927303_thumb.jpg

loooping8 replied at 2014-4-23 12:51 back.gif

There are only few Developer by Maxthon able to create a Skin like the one you wish 大笨狗 is on ...

there are many who can do skins Loopings - thats skins not background changes - but the question is - why bother?

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2014-4-23 03:58 back.gif

there are many who can do skins Loopings - thats skins not background changes - but the question i ...

If it is too difficult,then I cannot ask anybody here to spend his/her time in making me a skin.

Also,I am sure that people do not make skins for themselves only,they make for others and share just to make a favor :)

About the request:

I like a skin that does not cover too much space.MX2classic skin has 3 or more than two line,sort of speak.The chrome one is ideal but I like the colorful icons and the skin color of MX2classic.Thats why I requested a combination of both.

Thanks for you comments loopings :)

Dr.W.Wang replied at 2014-4-24 00:39 back.gif

you mean like this?

Yes thats what I want :)

Did you make this skin?may I ask you two things please:

I see two bugs here:

1-When I select favorites,the favorites bar appears next to the tabs,so when you have a lot of favorites,tabs disappears.This also exists in the original chrome tabbed skin.

2-On the right top corner,the download and settings icons are pale.The original ones in default skin is good.But in this skin,the resolution of both icons is low.

Is it also possible to change skin color of the tabs?Now it is transparency.

Thanks again for your efforts ;)

MAXSHARK replied at 2014-4-24 03:05 back.gif

Yes thats what I want

Did you make this skin?may I ask you two things please:

I see two bugs he ...

sorry for the inconvenience,I fixed the bugs,you can download it and have a try, the color is also easy to change, but I do not change the tab,just the main window, if you like(YOU CAN PREVIEW THE SKIN BELOW), you can download it ,if you do not like this, and I can help you to change the tab color only.hope you like it, wish you happiness.

post-7112138-14315118849839_thumb.png

mx2classic_chrome_mix.mxskin

Dr.W.Wang replied at 2014-4-24 04:39 back.gif

sorry for the inconvenience,I fixed the bugs,you can download it and have a try, the color is als ...

Hi.

First of all-I appreciate your work on the skins for Maxthon on the Chinese and now on International forums :D.

Second thing-I have problem with your skin mx2classic_chrome_mix.mxskin

Check my screen to understand what I mean.

All UI is a little bit messed up.

Tried several times this skin.

Your first version of this skin works fine to me.

Could you take a look what's cause this issue?Thanks in advance :victory:

post-765686-14315118863136_thumb.jpg

Dr.W.Wang replied at 2014-4-24 04:39 back.gif

sorry for the inconvenience,I fixed the bugs,you can download it and have a try, the color is als ...

I see that this skin is different from above.And your screen shot is also different than mine.

This skin has tabs below address bar and also has an extra menu above the address bar.(So it occupies at least 3 lines :( )

I just want the default Maxthon skin with the following configurations:

-Chrome liked tabs and that colorful icons as mentioned in my first post

I've also searched and tried to learn at least how to modify an existing skin.

First I tried to save Maxthon default skin (with tabs above) form the skin menu.But it is not being saved correctly.Hence,I get error trying to unpack the skin file.i

Do you have Maxthon default skin file?

magg replied at 2014-4-24 08:20 back.gif

Hi.

First of all-I appreciate your work on the skins for Maxthon on the Chinese and now on Interna ...

I also have this problem with the latest Maxthon official release :(

I just wanted a Maxthon's default skin with the chrome tab type and colorful icon

MAXSHARK replied at 2014-4-24 09:44 back.gif

I also have this problem with the latest Maxthon official release

I just wanted a Maxthon's de ...

I am not very sure what you mean? my english is so poor, the skin I mod just changed the tab style ,and the navigationbar icons, there is no other modifition with the default skin.

OR LIKE THIS?

post-7112138-14315118872497_thumb.png

• Like 1

Dr.W.Wang replied at 2014-4-25 03:53 back.gif

I am not very sure what you mean? my english is so poor, the skin I mod just changed the tab styl ...

Your 2nd version of this skin is different than the first one and your screenshot-thats the problem.

Check this posts http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=10322&pid=55274&fromuid=765686

http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=10322&pid=55290&fromuid=765686

and screenshot

082013t7s8aoytzsvz04zt.jpg

magg replied at 2014-4-25 04:06 back.gif

Your 2nd version of this skin is different than the first one and your screenshot-thats the proble ...

yes,I Know it, because MAXSHARK want a default skin with the chrome-like tabs and the icons like the mxclassic. so I mod the 2nd skin. YOU GUYS LIKE THE 1ST ONE?

Dr.W.Wang replied at 2014-4-25 05:39 back.gif

Yes :D

The old one you shared with the same name was different.

This one is what I actually want!Thanks a lot :D

Edit:When I open a new tab,the tab title appears in the middle.Please see the attached file:

Edit2:I've corrected and modified some more.The final skin is added in the first post

post-16673804-14315118882316_thumb.jpg

MAXSHARK replied at 2014-4-26 15:16 back.gif

good to hear that others like the skin too

loopings likes anything especially if he can post about it and increase his points by 1 :(

tony. replied at 2014-4-26 06:18 back.gif

loopings likes anything especially if he can post about it and increase his points by 1

I cannot read his/her mind about his/her intention.

But I must say that he/she was really helpful and I don't regret rating him

• 1 year later...

loopings is no longer here - well not with that name anyway - he is banned for all sorts of reasons - as to skins he posts/posted they are usually somebody elses work normally without permission of the author or acknowledgement 

sure the skin you want for 4.9 is possible - your best hope would be to try and port it yourself

3 hours ago, Tony said:

loopings is no longer here - well not with that name anyway - he is banned for all sorts of reasons - as to skins he posts/posted they are usually somebody elses work normally without permission of the author or acknowledgement 

sure the skin you want for 4.9 is possible - your best hope would be to try and port it yourself

Thanks for the update.So I have to make the skin by myself :(