Minimalism 2

大笨狗

Here's a suggestion but not necessarily for this particular skin but more of a general suggestion. We've been asking for auto hide UI like was available with M1 and M2 but the devs have no desire to do this. I'd like to know if it is possible and if it is possible would you consider making a skin that auto hides completely, showing after one second after hovering 15 pixels from either the top or bottom. Probably easier to show you what I'm trying to suggest with images.

First image is simply regular view. Second image is M2 with auto hidden UI and the third image shows upper and lower UI when cursor is hovered 15 pixels from the top or bottom(upper and lower bars show and hide separately).

As you can see when comparing images 1 and 2, especially on a wide screen, a considerable amount of a page is hidden by the UI making auto hide a near absolute necessity. The present fullscreen interface, though similar, is incapable of displaying split screen which makes it less appealing and more difficult to use.

post-23416-0-11352700-1430770422_thumb.j

post-7385961-14315118742072_thumb.jpg

post-7385961-14315118742346_thumb.jpg

post-7385961-14315118742626_thumb.jpg

joemax replied at 2014-4-20 01:01 back.gif

Here's a suggestion but not necessarily for this particular skin but more of a general suggestion. ...

Try this:

Skin removed since this thread is locked.

Limitation:

Can only be useful when window is maximized.

If you resotre the window, toolbar will be disappeared. You have to maximized to see top toolbars again.

I didn't have time to do the "auto hide/show sidebar" modification.

Removed old file, replaced with most recently updated ntzphyr

LOL, looks like you nailed it :) It's great, hover to show, and a click to hide is fine! And I've got split screen. Can't thank you enough! :D

You describe that if you restore window the tool bar will disappear, but there is no restore button, so it can't be restored. Maybe it is because I have too many tabs. I'll check.

But thank you, I can use it as it is! :)

Edit: Small graphical issue when closing tabs......Also note lack of restore button

Full.mxskin

post-7385961-1431511874505_thumb.jpg

joemax replied at 2014-4-20 10:11 back.gif

LOL, looks like you nailed it It's great, hover to show, and a click to hide is fine! And I've go ...

The lack of the Restore button seems like a good feature to me. If you used it, you'd "shoot yourself in the foot" so to speak and would not be able to Maximize or get to the Main Menu to change the skin or any other recovery mode.

I do note that the Restore button is available when first starting the browser with this skin. Is that an oversight? Or is there a reason to have it? It does disappear when a new tab is opened after the initial launch.

But there does seem to be a problem ... the statusbar does not auto-hide like the nav, fav, and tab bars at the top do.

This is contrary to your original description.

>

the lack of running it in non full screen is a negative to me - but guess there are reasons for that - of more interest would be auto hiding a side favourites bar - of all the functions from 2 thats the one i miss most

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Ok...There is a problem with this skin.

When you open page with short address like www.onet.pl and open 2nd or more tabs you can't type in address bar box on this new tabs because there is no space.

For a better understanding of the problem check my screenshot #1

EDIT:Ok I checked again and you can put text/addres to adress bar box but text is no visible.

post-765686-14315118750871_thumb.jpg

post-765686-14315118751811_thumb.jpg

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-4-20 11:54 back.gif

The lack of the Restore button seems like a good feature to me. If you used it, you'd "shoot your ...

Actually I'd like the idea of restored without the UI, maybe escape or fullscreen mouse gesture to full size again?

But your request "to show/hide on hover with the same fast timing" is very impractical. Try clicking a link where the hover activates the UI , anything less than one second is unusable. This skin relies on using the upper most pixel of the UI to work, so it doesn't have that problem.

joemax replied at 2014-4-20 13:09 back.gif

Actually I'd like the idea of restored without the UI, maybe escape or fullscreen mouse gesture to ...

I've just finished playing with his timing in his other Autohidebars skin (the second one in his collection post). The 100ms timing is fine for the upper bars so far. It's OK for the sidebar. But I'll concede that in the case of the statusbar the hide timing is a bit short at 100ms because the statbar is so narrow.

In the case of this the Min imalism 2 skin, I think he depends on more than just one px boarder. He mentions the top 15px as his trigger zone.

I'm not sure I've encoutered a situation such as you describe. I'll do some experimenting.

But now it's getting to be bedtime so I get up for work.

>

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-4-20 16:41 back.gif

I've just finished playing with his timing in his other Autohidebars skin (the second one in his c ...

The links at the top of this page would be a problem if you used the top 15 pixels of the monitor to trigger the ui. Set favorite, go to Maxthon.com and wide screen links are all within those 15 pixels so to click them is difficult if you don't have at least a second to click before the UI shows.

joemax replied at 2014-4-20 10:11 back.gif

LOL, looks like you nailed it It's great, hover to show, and a click to hide is fine! And I've go ...

New version, sidebar auto hide included, and restored window mode also worked:

Skin removed since this thread is locked.

Note, if feel any inconvenient, you can always click the orange colored lines to pin toolbar/sidebar back.

大笨狗 replied at 2014-4-21 04:35 back.gif

New version, sidebar auto hide included, and resored window mode also worked:

Note, if feel any i ...

Wow, very nice. You also added restore button. :)

Hehe, I'm giddy as a school girl :) :) :)

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit WOW!!!!! lol :)

Edit 2: Side bar loses function in full screen night mode, but I don't care :)

One problem with dragging tabs between left and right panes in split view. Still not a deal breaker for me, I just switch to default skin, move the tab and switch back to this skin.

never mind, I found the solution( I forgot you mentioned it):$ , click on the orange bar and I can move the tabs then click the orange bar again to reactivate auto hide. This is really sweet! Thanx again.

its all interesting - i dont use the dock - i have moved my side favourite bar to the left - could it be made to hide the side favourites - can mess with code but not program - quickly looked and well beyond me to get it to work

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Archived