how can I move the tab bar to below the url bar

dumbo

Thanks I have asked in the author's thread but maybe he hasn't seen it yet.

I'm willing to have a go if there are tools for it I'm not technically savvy but I suppose I could look at another skin he has ported from MX3 with tabs below and note the differences in the code.....or isn't it that easy?

Thank you.

Your tweak has inadvertently provided me with more toolbar space because the quick tool icons , downloader button and quicktools button are now hidden under the three system buttons (close, restore, minimise).

I only use a couple of quick tools and altho' their icons aren't visible the small section of button coloured the same blue as the toolbar responds to clicks so I'm very pleased with this development.

However! What I need now is to get rid of the skins button and move the tab list button to the far right so that I can utilise this space for more open tabs. Like in the Mx3 classic skin where the tabs are below the url bar and extend right across the browser save for the new tab and a small tab list button

Thanks again

it really needs more work - the address bar needs moving to the left a little as it goes under system buttons plus the address bar could do with moving up in non full screen mode - both possible - depends if you want to play and learn

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

theres not a lot of help in the way of guidelines - its unpacking and playing - thats all i do - others understand the skin language so can get better results

heres the skin with a couple of other mods - just a bit more tidy in both normal mode and maximised

H2O-tab2.mxskin

moving or getting rid of buttons is not difficult - leave you to have a go - the worst you can do is break it - keep a backup and its easy to go back to the last change

Can you give me any tips for porting the mx3 classic skin to mx4?

I have unpacked the mx3 ui dat and deleted the redundant skins. I changed the skin3.ini values to 2.0.0 and edited out the redundant skins in the ini.

then I repackaged it and nothing happened. :o

O'k... so then I thought I'd copy over the skin3.ini and classic folder to the working mx4 skin in this thread.

Fine so far...I got it to install but ....whilst it loads and looks like Classic:

-The top blue title bar is black

-Only three or four tabs open before they disappear off the screen - they are not resizing.

-The dropdown menu doesn't split I have to keep scrolling

-Customize gui doesn't work and quick tools don't appear

~Other than that I think it is very roadworthy Officer :D

Help very much appreciated.

What about transferring the skin folder from the MX3 ui to the MX4 ui dat instead?

I tried that but it obviously isn't that simple.

Yes the H20 you edited earlier for me is part of that collection and that is what I have got part way with. I was wondering if their are any key files other than skin3.ini which need altering as a matter of course.

I'm encouraged that the classic skin partially works but am short on knowhow.

btw, out of interest where was the location in H20 of the line you edited for switching tabs below. (I don't need it for porting the Classic skin it already has tabs below)

dumbo replied at 2014-3-31 22:26 back.gif

I hae just tried another of those ported skins in that thread as is (c-s Lite) and it has the same p ...

tabs sizing is odd to say the least - i dont pretend to understand whats happening - the setting in skin3.ini has some relevance but its not it all - there is another setting in constants.css but again thats not enough as whatever those are set to the tab can revert back to 220px long

i have got round that by using code for the tabbar from a much earlier version of the skin

they are constantly changing things - why we are never told - in the most part nothing looks to change but there must be reasons for the changed code

Archived