OneBar Alt.: single-line toolbar + small favicon-only locked tabs

ltGuillaume

As requested, here's a separate topic for an alternative version of OneBar, in which locked tabs are shown as favicon-only small-size tabs: the lock indicator and the page title are hidden.

For screenshots in OS's other than XP, see http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-8774-1-1.html

The address bar unfolds when activated

If you want to move/drag the window, use the spacer between the menu and back buttons

New version (April 15, 22:30 UTC/GMT):

Fixed the maximum width of tabs

Removed Refresh button for more horizontal space: use F5, or Shift+F5 to refresh all tabs, and Ctrl+F5 to force refresh

Removed Favorites button (when Favorites bar off): just use default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+B, or set a more ergonomic shortcut, like Alt+A

New version (April 21, 01:00 UTC/GMT):

Fixed private mode indicator position

Turns out I did like the Favorites button: reintroduced

Width of navigation buttons slightly altered for more horizontal space.

New version (April 21, 15:30 UTC/GMT):

Gained another 2 (!) pixels vertically, hurray! :p

Dirty fix for navigation buttons not showing up in W8, possibly Vista/W7 (there's something wrong with it when the opacity is <1 since Maxthon v4.4.0.2000). Thx2 大笨狗

New version (April 29, 8:45 UTC/GMT):

New Tab button now sticks to the right of the tabs instead of jumping all the way to the right

"Overshoot" when clicking on (expanding) the address bar is less ugly

Made resizing of window easier (hit-margin expanded)

New version (May 10, 12:21 UTC/GMT):

New Tab button fix of previous version caused Maxthon to lose the last session tab and all locked tabs upon restart. It's a real strange thing for such a small change. I removed the change, so you can use the skin safely again.

New version (June 5, 19:00 UTC/GMT):

Little fix needed for Maxthon v4.4.1.1000

Download: https://db.tt/cE0J1Xj4

For those who want to adjust the skin to their own preferences, the maximum tab width had to be hard-coded (to 232px), so the skin3.ini variable doesn't work anymore, change in skin.css.

Tip: to save some horizontal space, you might want to edit Maxthon\Language\en.ini to make the Reader Mode button smaller. Change it into something likeReaderMode.Available=Reador you could even make it 'button-only' by putting only a space there (although the tooltip is gonna be blank then, too).

post-30200321-14315118798655_thumb.png

• Like 1

Any tips how could I apply this feature to any skin? By any I mean actually IE10 skin.

Tried to add code in skin.css file as tony's package does, but no result. Hard thing is that in his mxskin there are only two quite clear files, I cannot move this effect on my skin though.

• 3 weeks later...

@faktorio: Sorry, I'm not really interested in the IE10 skin, but feel free to use the adjustments I made to make it work in that skin. Basically this is all I did in skin.css for that:.tab-container .tab {max-width: 232px !important;}

.tab-container .tab .text {display: none;}

.tab-container .tab .lock {display: none !important;}

.tab-container .tab, .tab-container .tab.active {width: 18px !important; padding-right: 4px;}

New version (April 15, 22:30 UTC/GMT):

Fixed the maximum width of tabs

Removed Refresh button for more horizontal space: use F5, or Shift+F5 to refresh all tabs, and Ctrl+F5 to force refresh

Removed Favorites button (when Favorites bar off): just use default keyboard shortcut Ctrl+B, or set a more ergonomic shortcut, like Alt+A

Would like to fix the New Tab button jumping to the right, any ideas?

Download: https://db.tt/cE0J1Xj4

For those who want to adjust the skin to their own preferences, the maximum tab width had to be hard-coded (to 232px), so the skin3.ini variable doesn't work anymore, change in skin.css.

Tip: to save some horizontal space, you might want to edit Maxthon\Language\en.ini to make the Reader Mode button smaller. Change it into something likeReaderMode.Available=Reador you could even make it 'button-only' by putting only a space there (although the tooltip is gonna be blank then, too).

Need some help with the skin here. In Windows 8.1, with the latest stable 4.4.0.2000, the navigation buttons won't show, BUT THEY DO when hovered over...

Even when I removed any CSS changes from the skin completely, they still won't show up.

Does work in XP. Old versions of this skin have the exact same issue now.

Any ideas? Is it still working for you?

post-30200321-1431511879789_thumb.png

they are messing with graphics - going to svg files - its causing all sorts of problems - mainly wrong size icons - seems they are getting the settings wrong - at the moment i have just abandoned the new release ui.dat files and use an old one - not a good answer but it works until they sort out a few things

it may also be that you have not got the new svg dir in your skin pack so you are calling nothing

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

have tried also but all i do does not help - its calling from the 'open on startup' setting so i am guessing it cannot be done unless something could be forced into the homepage box to open a locked tab

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

ltGuillaume replied at 2014-4-29 10:27 back.gif

New version (April 29, 8:45 UTC/GMT):

New Tab button now sticks to the right of the tabs instead ...

Oh sheet! (sorry)

With this version I lost my Last Session ((((

After installing this skin I get new blank tab I cannot go to any other tab from ((((

Maxthon 4.3.0.1000

I have very strange skin behavior - buttons looks hidden, I can see its only when I moving cursor on.

I update Maxthon to 4.4.0.3000 and last version of skin still make me the troubles - I lose my Last Session again, and tabs also doesn't work - I can't see any page except blank after skin install.

Unfortunately you're probably right about losing your last session the first time. I'm very sorry, of course that was never the intention and I'm in the dark about why this happens. Has anyone seen this as a general non-skin related issue, or this happening with other skins?

ltGuillaume replied at 2014-5-8 17:28 back.gif

Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I meant the latest version of this skin. Try downloading and applying i ...

And lose my Last Session again? I made it twice, that's enogh for me.

No, sorry, I woudn't try anymore until you try to make fixed version.

It started when I redesigned the /main/tabbar/container.htm file so that the New Tab button stays where it belongs, next to the last tab. That's the only thing I know. But the thing is, that's not a big change at all: it just includes the More Tab list button and the New Tab button into the tab-container-inner div. That's it.

I saw this behavior in 4.4.0.3000 as well... It's so strange, and I'm sorry that it caused you to lose your session.

Since this skin only makes a few alterations to the default skin, I can't imagine that no other skin has the same problems. Can you help me find it so maybe we can find a solution?

I reverted this little change, so now the skin is safe to use again. You won't lose your last session/locked tabs anymore when coming from another skin (version).

ltGuillaume replied at 2014-5-10 04:09 back.gif

It started when I redesigned the /main/tabbar/container.htm file so that the New Tab button stays wh ...

I use the tabbar spacer to drive the new tab button where I wanted it in one of my skins. I recall a post here showing how to reorder the html to do it, but I can't find it or come up with the right sarch term to bring it up. There were several tutorials on making skins, but they seem to have disappearede ... didn't come up in searches including "tutorial" anyway. But I found that a search with just "ttutorial" revealed them just now. If I find the one that illustrates what to do, I'll put the link here.

EDIT: Well, I sidn't find the animared post, but I did find the code in main/tabbar/container.htm:

1. Look for this section of code:

--------------------------------

2. Move tthe code in dark red above the

line to push the New Tab button to the right end of the tabbar; or leave it where it is, if you want New Yab button adjacent to the last tab in the tabbar. In my use I was pushing it to the right end.

I didn't encounter any problems form doing that.

I'm running with your skin at present. So far so good. Thanks for keeping it updated.

>

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-5-10 15:07 back.gif

I use the tabbar spacer to drive the new tab button where I wanted it in one of my skins. I recal ...

Thanks SL! Didn't see this message before somehow. However this does not apply to my skin: it seems that Maxthon "thinks" the New Tab button should be all the way to the right when a number of tabs are opened. However, the C++ code doesn't take into account that locked tabs now are significantly narrower than usual, so even though the total width of the tabs doesn't span the entire width of the tab container, it still puts the New Tab button all the way to the right (which is not what I want). Of course my interpretation might be wrong, but putting the the New Tab above the "bottom-wrapper" div did do the trick (it stuck to the right of the right-most tab, even when there are locked tabs). However it introduced the problem of having to restart Maxthon in order for the skin to be applied properly (otherwise several New Tab buttons would be shown and new tabs would NOT show, until a restart) and you'd lose all your locked tabs and last session tab on the first restart.

Also I have small problem with last skin version from May 10 - only when too many tabs go to the list in the right side of tabbar: I try to use Ctrl+Right arrow to go next tab, but have only refreshing active tab.

Its a very small bug so I can live with it :) just to notice you.

ltGuillaume replied at 2014-5-14 23:24 back.gif

Thanks SL! Didn't see this message before somehow. However this does not apply to my skin: it seem ...

Its a default shortcut to switch between tabs - from active tab to next tab right or left aside, and its work everythere, as I know.

Maybe I'm wrong )) but its works for me all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Get MxPacker from here: http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-801-1-1.html

Unpack the .mxskin file with mxpacker.exe

Change, in onebar.small-locked/main/skin.css the code.nav-buttons .nav-refresh {

display: none;

}to.nav-buttons .nav-refresh, .nav-buttons .nav-back, .nav-buttons .nav-forward, .nav-buttons .nav-fav {

display: none;

}Package the folder to a new .mxskin (not .mxaddon) file.

For now (not for new updates), here's the .mxskin so you don't have to do the above just yet.

I don't understand what you mean with the always-on-top thing...

onebar.small-locked.nobuttons.mxskin