MWP v1.3.0-beta released

No.1MaxthonFan replied at 2014-4-15 19:38 back.gif

How do you like the 8.1 developer preview? I was going to try it, but decided to wait for the fin ...

It's good. Update went smoothly, and everything seems to work as it should. Lots of nice things that people have been waiting for. Action centre, separate media/ringer volume. Most of the hubs have been updated in someway, some for the better, others probably not so much. And the swype style keyboard is awesome to finally have.

Maxthon doesn't seem quite as smooth when scrolling sometimes, but not sure if that is 8.1 or MX just needing some updating for 8.1 (+ the bug mentioned above).

If you've signed up to the dev program i'd just do it. Depending on where you are the final version once finalised through carriers and manufacturers might be anywhere from 2-12 months (at least here in Australia). And as far as i'm aware this is the final code. If there are any updates in the mean time they should come through, and will be including in the carriers releases when the time comes.

Regarding the issue with pages not opening in the background properly, the same thing is also happening with UC browser. So I think it's something that has changed in the IE core that win phone browsers use. Hopefully the next release can fix it.

And still getting crashes on some sites. Will post a list at some stage.

7twenty replied at 2014-4-23 05:02 back.gif

Regarding the issue with pages not opening in the background properly, the same thing is also happen ...

Yes, I've basically stopped using both browsers on my Lumia 1520. Constant Stack Overflows and pages not opening properly. Too much of a hassle. Have to use IE in an emergency.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I was going through the translations for MX for WP and noticed this: "- Customizable UI color: Allows you to pick a UI color just right for you. "

Was that dropped since V1 as I can't find an option anywhere? Not a fan of the mid grey scheme MX is using.

• 2 weeks later...

Asharia replied at 2014-5-7 13:55 back.gif

Yeah no transparent live tile and still no choice of search providers in the URL bar.

You'll see the transparent tile in official version.

We don't have time to solve the bing.com jumping problem. Next version we'll handle it.

TDTKT replied at 2014-5-7 05:26 back.gif

Works fine, but :

Quick access does not display anything and the tile is not transparent

Please see it: http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-10903-1-1.html.'>http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-10903-1-1.html.

Think he meant this thread http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-10903-1-1.html

In the official version they will be all solved.

Fixed thread ntzphyr

tplusplus replied at 2014-5-7 21:18 back.gif

You'll see the transparent tile in official version.

We don't have time to solve the bing.com jump ...

Okay thank you, it's frustrating they still haven't fixed this and given us the choice to make Maxthon the default browser...

Asharia replied at 2014-5-12 14:54 back.gif

Okay thank you, it's frustrating they still haven't fixed this and given us the choice to make Max ...

A good news for you. Yesterday we found a way to visit bing.com without jump. Soon we'll have the search engine switch feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Asharia replied at 2014-5-21 18:03 back.gif

Great thanks! Do you know when Maxthon will be based on IE 11?

We have test on IE11 & WP8.1 SDK. But the app isn't available for WP8.0 users. So we just wait for Microsoft pushing their 8.1OS to all the device. Or we have to submit a different app for WP8.1 user. I don't think it's possible cause 8.1 is just a developer preview.

• 1 month later...

tplusplus replied at 2014-5-22 00:37 back.gif

We have test on IE11 & WP8.1 SDK. But the app isn't available for WP8.0 users. So we just wait for ...

I actually built a test 8.1 app in Visual Studio 2013, all I had to do was select the target OS as Windows Phone 8.1. But yeah a separate app would have to be built for it, I'm not sure how porting from 8 to 8.1 works though.

Archived