flash block

-ody-

since last update flashblock crashes maxthon :

just try to play a flash video on youtube, click anywhere in browser window : maxthon closes without any warning.

try with this one

I think it's related to flash block, as once disabled I could not reproduce the crash.

sigmax.png

sigmax2.png

tony. replied at 2014-2-28 19:50 back.gif

dont use flash block and video works ok - she needs to get some clothes on - she will catch her deat ...

didn't even watch it, I don't like her lol.. i wanted to see if i had the mysterious ff feature and it was the first video on youtube page

sigmax.png

sigmax2.png

it had FF - well i had - i dont see the use of it really - i think its main purpose is to skip ads but thats easy enough and not detectable as i think this is - if not detectable its a published feature

cannot see it lasting as it will give the browser bad press by those who add the ads and like the motion picture lobby they are much more powerful

i think it will end up in court or be threatened

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

odyssee replied at 2014-2-28 18:10 back.gif

it's already the case : just see here : http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8638 ...

interesting - had not seen that - where money is concerned its best to play on the safe side - video ads are easy to block with things like admuncher - its a side effect of the program but the last time i looked they make no mention of the fact - maybe for good reason

not sure what Maxthons thinking is - its a nice feature but not new - any youtube video can be fast forwarded as long as its in the buffer so why add it to maxthon and risk problems

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

I don't get what the outrage is all about. It's no worse than blocking ads, in fact it's better as at least you still get to see the ad rather than it being completed blocked.

If companies are against this, why aren't they scrambling to outlaw all adblockers?

Archived