How to install chrome's crx files into maxthon 4 ?

Satronike

• 2 weeks later...

Zero Starlight replied at 2014-2-13 09:45 back.gif

Hi, know this thread is a little old by now, but is there any chance that we will see Chrome extensi ...

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I don't think that will happen soon .

Maybe in Maxthon 5 :lol

I understand that maxthon for windows doesn't support chrome extensions,but is there any technical reason why it doesn't? is it windows fault or something? I just find it kinda weird since windows users are a majority amongst maxthon users,so I would assume compatibility with chrome extensions would be a priority :(

I been lurking in this forum for a while,but everytime I see someone bring this cuestion,all answers are a simple no,but no one expand on the answers ;__; I would really like to know more,since I don't know the first thing about programming and this whole thing is a mistery to me XD

sorry for my english

13523957 replied at 2014-2-16 18:49 back.gif

I understand that maxthon for windows doesn't support chrome extensions,but is there any technical r ...

Maxthon for Windows does not support plug-ins for Chrome because it is built on a modified,own version of Webkit / Blink.

This is not "pure" Chromium like it is in Mac and Linux version of Maxthon and other chromium-based browsers

This is the reason why Chrome plugins don't work with Maxthon.

Archived