question about the skin

system23

hiii ..

i have nearly a month i use this browser .. and there are many things i do not know,

My question about the skins in here, and most of them pretty good .. But do not work on the new version of maxton .. Why the owners of skins do not do an update???

Are the owners of skins changed this browser or what??

And I want to ask this of people who were using the browser of long time ..

maxthon browser is change for better or the worst ???

system23 replied at 2014-2-16 07:40 back.gif

but why be published skins in a forum ?

why not be published on its own site ??

But what's the difference?Here or on other site?

You'll find on Forum not only skins-Informations,newest Maxthon versions,help and so on...

All in one place.

maybe using the search function would answer your questions - this topic has been talked to death - M3 had a full skin system - many of those skins will to some part work in 4 but the devs changed things and without updating skins in the skin centre they no longer work - in many instances its a matter of changing one file in the packaged skin - maybe those who wrote them are no longer using maxthon or maybe they cannot be bothered - who knows

but if you want to look at and try any of the skins in the skin centre its easy enough - download any using M3 - unpack the skin file - modify or overwrite the file that needs updating and repack it - it will then work - how well is anybodies guess

as i started this post its all documented if you use the search function

loopings view is slightly different - he trawls the chinese forum looking for skins - its one way - the other way is learn how to do what i suggest above and see if the skin you want works - if not then look to getting it working or wait for something that suits you

why skins for 4 have not been published on their own site is a good question - Maxthon have been saying for long enough skins are coming for 4 - they exist but with little thanks to maxthon - all methods to get them working has been found by users - the input from the devs has been zero - why only they can say

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2014-2-16 07:55 back.gif

maybe using the search function would answer your questions - this topic has been talked to death - ...

thank you man on this answer .. i learn good information on MX ..

i would like to ask you another question .. it there a place in the forum .. i could give an opinion on some of the improvements that can be done to improve the browser .. means a place dedicated to give the opinions .. :)

user voices i guess is the place

most things that are suggestions go in there - they usually get an answer from bugmiss or bugsir saying something like

an interesting idea - thanks - i have passed that to the dev team etc etc etc

i have my thoughts on what that means as not many/any suggestions are mentioned again

but post your ideas - dont hold your breath though

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Archived