Simple Auto fill - Suggestion

pauliw25

In order to supplement my income - I take online surveys.

In doing so - I end up typing in the same information on different surveys, multiple times a day, seven days a week. Usually this info is items like First Name, Last name, street address, city, state, phone number, user id, age, etc.

While Maxthon Cloud Browser does have the "Magic Fill" feature - it only works if you are accessing a previous visited webpage.

What I would really like to see is a Maxthon Cloud add-on that does the same as the "Simple Autofill" extension that Google Chrome offers.

See https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simple-autofill/cdjplknefldnfcncohonjbeeocljjmbm

With this feature, I am able to enter info that is repeatedly asked for - even if I have not previously accessed that exact webpage.

Unfortunately,I am not a programmer so it would be extremely difficult for me to create something like this.

Therefore, it would be great if someone could develop an add on for Maxthon Cloud that could do this, or if the Maxthon Cloud developers could build in a feature like this.

BTW: a feature similar this is does exist in Opera.

joemax replied at 2014-1-28 12:41 back.gif

Have you tried Alt+q? Or maybe double click form and select profile? Right click > Fill form? Not mu ...

Yes. While with a survey I have double clicked - and select profile was not an option offered. And trying Atl+q doesn't do anything.

That is why I suggested an add-on that would be the equivalent to Google's Simple Autofill extension.

Have you filled in a General Identity in Magic Fill?

I tested with https://www.sanity.com.au/CreateAccount using ALT-Q and right-click > Fill form. It filled in all the details from my default general identity that is setup.

Mind you it doesn't work on dropdown selections (eg DOB on the above site doesn't fill even though it is setup), and depending on what the fields are named sometimes it won't work due to that as well.

Magic fill is good, but it does need some work. I'm guessing the Chrome addon is better..?

7twenty replied at 2014-1-28 17:51 back.gif

Have you filled in a General Identity in Magic Fill?

I tested with https://www.sanity.com.au/Create ...

In using General Identity I run across a problem on a regular basis. It seems General Identity many times misreads what information is being requested. For example: Sometimes I am being asked to fill in my zip code - however, when I select general identity - it only provides me with other info - ie password.

Unfortunately, it seems like there is no option to select what info/field within a General identity you want to use. Nor can you type in the first number/letter of the data you want and have it fill in the rest. For example typing the number 2, and have it pop up with an option to use my zip code since the first letter of my zip code is 2.

Not to mention, on numerous occassions when wanting to fill out a field with a survey I might be taking, I will double click and/or use alt-q to access magic fill/general identity - and the only options (autofill-wise) is save form or fill form.

Needless to say, if I select fill form - nothing happens.

pauliw25 replied at 2014-1-29 08:02 back.gif

In using General Identity I run across a problem on a regular basis. It seems General Identity man ...

No. When I clicked on the link I got the following error:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Just checked that link again and it was working fine?!

Can you provide a link that we can test with in case there is an issue with your setup?

Or otherwise it could just be that Magic Fill can't do what you expect of it, but as noted above, it does have it's limitations.

I've tried your link again and saw where MagicFill does work on this particular webpage. I also realize that Magic Fill does have it limitations. However, it would be helpful if:

1. As I recommended at the beginning of this thread - What I would really like to see is a Maxthon Cloud add-on that does the same as the "Simple Autofill" extension that Google Chrome offers.

See:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simple-autofill/cdjplknefldnfcncohonjbeeocljjmbm

With this feature, I am able to enter info that is repeatedly asked for - even if I have not previously accessed that exact webpage.

And/or

2. Have Magic Fill coding be modified to include:

a) The ability to select what info/field within a General identity you want to use

or

b) Provide the ability where you could type the first letter/number in a field and it would offer data from "General identity" that could be potentially used to fill in the field.

I.E. If your zip code happened to be 12345 - be able to select a field - type in the number 1, and then being presented with the zip code you previously entered into the zip code field within General Identities. - 12345.

Archived