Skin built on default 4.2.2.600 skins ... on a diet...

SnowLeopard

The attached skin is a derivatived from the default skin in Mx 4.2.2.600 put on a diet to slim down the bars. I did it as a UI.DATk mod despite the fact that updates will overwrite and require you to reinserte the modded UI.DAT. I did it becasuse I can get 2 and possibly 3 skins in one file if further work pans out.

I offer thanks to Zork, Yoyoako, tony, Saury, others, and the authors of the css referenced at W3CSchool for assistance whether they knew it or not.

To seee what the skin looks like with one of the built-in colors added, here are a couple screen shots:

Bottom tabs; Sidebar ON:

Under tabs; Sidebar OFF:

Download file:

EDIT: Revised original skin. Cleaned up some code. Version 1.0.1 with 20px top caption.

NEW: This is a variation, version 1.0.1a of the original skin that reduces the height of the caption area but leaving a narrow strip to use to move the window on the desktop. Tabs are under the addressbar and on the bottom in this version.

Screen shot of minimal caption v1.0.1a with tabs under.

Download v1.0.1a

Installation is simple:

0. Cloose MaxthonCloudBrowser (MCB).

1. Open your Maxthono or MaxthonPortable folder and go to *\Maxthon\bin\

2. Find and rename the file ui.dat so you have a backup you can revert to if you want to.

3. Unzip the download file.

4. Copy ui-600beta_mod.dat file into Maxthon\bin\ and rename to "ui.dat".

5. Launch MCB again.

Enjoy ...

I'm not sure when I may update the file with the 3rd skin ... it depends on solving some problems first.

>

post-17653568-14315116189301_thumb.png

post-17653568-14315116192298_thumb.png

ui-600beta - mod.zip

ui-600beta - mod-20px.zip

ui-600beta - mod_minimal_caption.zip

post-17653568-14315116216882_thumb.png

ermmmmm on the screen grab

other things - whilst status bar is thinner and dock not much else is and why the gap at the top - push it up and stop is short on the right - simple enough

icons in address bar are all over the place - up and down

post-2400682-1431511619524_thumb.png

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2014-1-26 13:10 back.gif

ermmmmm on the screen grab

other things - whilst status bar is thinner and dock not much else is an ...

When I run my cursor along the navbar, all the buttons line up straight acrosskl, except download and mainmenu. The only item that breaks to bottom edge line is the addressbox -- 30px high.

There's also a problem with the slimming of the navbar in the tabs_under skin. That's one I haven't figured out ... how to force it to be as slim as the bottom tabs skin is. I copy the same code for ,navbar and it doesn't follow it ... tosses in 3-4 px extra on the bottom ... don't know where it's coming from.

Yes the menu code is from Zork ... didn't tamper with the html there... making more notes for next version ... wheneveer. It's back to work tomorrow, so there's less time to do anything much.

>

always seem to be picking - filename is wrong - its named mxaddon not mxskin

you can grab and move it in space at side of last open tab so once user got used to that there is no need for top space

tony. replied at 2014-1-29 02:21 back.gif

always seem to be picking - filename is wrong - its named mxaddon not mxskin

you can grab and move ...

i'll have to get used to launching MxPacker and correcting the output name there instead og lster renaming. That would put a stop to misnamed files. But in any case, it's not a skin file; it's ui.dat. I'm using that because it can hold multiple skins; at least three are possible, but maybe more with the asddtion of extra buttons in the Skiin Center.

Using the space after the last tab is a problem for me ... I run routiningl with tabs that fill the tabbar aan I've moved the newtab button to the right end as JarC did and others too.

I'm sort of OK with the 4px caption which is what the default tabs undere skin has. It's a bit narrow for my eyes, but I'm trying it to see how it goess. I may have to widen it.

I'll recheck whether the tabbar space does work on not, given my mods to it.

>

ahhh ok - strange i renamed to mxskin and it worked as a skin or is seemed to - will have to check it as a ui.dat

i understand about the drag area and can see why you are doing it as you do

not sure about more than 3 skins in ui - am with you in theory and there was 3 in MX3 - but when i tried 3 in MX4 it would not see the 3rd one - thats a while ago and the code constantly changes so maybe you have seen something to suggest it will work - would be nice - although skins in the skin dir are now easy enough

tony. replied at 2014-1-29 03:59 back.gif

ahhh ok - strange i renamed to mxskin and it worked as a skin or is seemed to - will have to check i ...

As a skin were you able to change views between tabs bottom and tabs under? If the main folder is the only one a skin can affect, then you should not be able to do that. You would see only the tabs bottom view in that case.

As a ui.dat you can choose which view to use and you can overlay colors or any of the 10 images built into Maxthon.

I'll have to build another version with the third skin to test whether it's possible in Mx4. The source of my idea was seeing it in the Intimate skin. But the recent version of the Intimate skin only shows the three styles in skin3.ini; there's no third skin folder. There was a third skin in earlier versions. Have to see if it works in 4.2.2.600.

BTW: Do you know if trhe devs have a two week vacation leading up to the Chinese New Year? The last anything shows was on 1/21 with the 600beta.

>

no it had tabs bottom as far as i remember - it looked right so did not realise it was a full ui - guess i would have done had i looked at the unpacked size

how are you planning to get 3 skins in a ui - interesting exercise

tony. replied at 2014-1-29 05:32 back.gif

no it had tabs bottom as far as i remember - it looked right so did not realise it was a full ui - g ...

hree styles: main, solid, and bottom

Three root folders: main, main-solid, and main=-bottomEach has the same internal structure as the current ui-.dat with different placements of the tabbar code in layout.htm and any ofther modifications desired.

Easy to say, but the proof of the idea is in doing it. We;ll see.

>

as i said i agree with the theory and thats how it was in MX3 but there has been lots of changed since then - the main skin centre is the key i guess and whilst i have managed to add more spaces for custom skins adding a third skin did not work - could get the icon to show but it did not load anything

i personally see no benefit in that as it changes each update and you then need to update it as Zork does as users will not - only complain when it does nor work - far too much work for me

tony. replied at 2014-1-29 06:42 back.gif

as i said i agree with the theory and thats how it was in MX3 but there has been lots of changed sin ...

I think I recall you mentioning making changes for your skin in3 files (the skin, page.dat ans one other one. What is that other fiile name? I don't digging into Java script, but may have to to get the sskin center to work with a 3rd button.

>

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-1-29 17:40 back.gif

I think I recall you mentioning making changes for your skin in3 files (the skin, page.dat ans one ...

not sure - to get the 3rd image in skin centre alter index.htm in ui.dat/dialog/skin-center

search for

and duplicate it - that gives 3 buttons

it calls LAYOUT_TOP and LAYOUT_UNDER

where it calls them from i have no idea and altering them to anything else does not work for me - looking at the skin centre in 3 is no help as its completely different

i guess it would be possible to alter one of the skins in ui.dat to be tabs at bottom - SOLID i guess as MAIN is the master file - but i cannot see how to get 3 skins in there

tony. replied at 2014-1-29 14:31 back.gif

not sure - to get the 3rd image in skin centre alter index.htm in ui.dat/dialog/skin-center

searc ...

I've done what you suggest, but haven't implemented the thrid skin folder, so I don't know that I can't get it to work. What I was asking about were the files you have altered to make your skin work for you. There are other files in Mx4 that apparenntly have something to do with things in the skin files and in ui.dat. I've unpacked page.dat and ssee the items there ... I think sincenter is one. But you mentioned a third file where you made mods ... that's the one whose name I don't recall.

Much work ... weekend coming. Something to keep me busy while the Chinese take off nearly a month (or at least the devs so to be doing so.) From the Year of the Horse greeting yesterday, I guess we'll see nothing un til 2/11 or so.

Meanwhile skins is the project for free time.

>

in the early days i copied maxthon.dll from 3 to get skins to work from the skin dir - that then broke and other dll's had to be copied to keep it working

but that over time broke other things so the ui method came in - altering the main dir in there - that has always worked but as obvious any update breaks it

then i and i guess others noticed that skins were working again from the skin dir - in my case simply because i had an old 3 skin in there and i saw it as available

that then broke in that we started getting white screens - that was fixed by a mod to skin3.ini

is any of that what you are asking

tony. replied at 2014-1-30 02:03 back.gif

in the early days i copied maxthon.dll from 3 to get skins to work from the skin dir - that then bro ...

No, all of that I knew from our previous discussions. The files you mentioned in a discussion with someone who asked to see your skin. Yoou replied that your skin was not just made of modifications in the skin file, but also in page.dat and ????. I was asking you to re-identify the ???? file.

I've checked through the length of your "Some ideas..." thread and it's not in there although some did ask the same question and you responded as usual but without reference to the extent of the mods you do to make it work.

I don't know what ofher thread to check.

>

ahhh ok - i modify page.dat to take out the stuff i never use in the favourites side bar - also to tidy up the icons and spacing - whilst doing that i also add zorks QA

what i add in page.dat is really for me and keeps the side fav narrow

screen grab shows it - on my personal skin i dont have the grey bit at the top where is says favourites - thats added to keep things tidy if top favourites is used - it drops the tab bar but i cannot get the side favs to adjust

post-2400682-14315116224304_thumb.png

post-2400682-14315116224577_thumb.png

Archived