FB Purity is now available for Maxthon

FB Purity

tumblr_inline_mqpjpuDA9L1qz4rgp.png

The safe, free and top rated FB Purity browser extension is now available natively for Maxthon.

FB Purity lets you clean up and customize Facebook, making it much less annoying to use, and makes the Facebook interface much leaner and cleaner.

You can get FB Purity for Maxthon from the official FB Purity website: http://www.fbpurity.com

and also via the Official Maxthon Extensions site here: http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=2404

(Please note that the version on the FBPurity.com website will always be the most up to date and bug free version)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes though i had issues with uploading it, i will upload it when i have some time.

Im also having issues with debugging the extension. i asked a question in the extensions forum, but no reply there. maybe you know the answeR? i cant find out how to inspect the extensions background page, for accessing the localstorage, maxthon runtime varialbes and the console, any idea how to do that?

BTW you should really allow links on the extensions site back to the authors website.

It doesnt seem fair to me that a developer spends so much time creating an extension for your browser, then doesnt get even a link back to his own site in return... or a link to the support page/forum/email etc...

FB Purity replied at 2014-1-30 21:46 back.gif

Yes though i had issues with uploading it, i will upload it when i have some time.

Im also having is ...

The person who is in charge of the Extension site answered your other thread, but is now on holiday and will be back on the 11th of Feb. so just sit tight until then and he will be more than happy to help you with all your questions, including the ones you asked me here, for which I, unfortunately, don't have any answers for you.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it seems the extension was rejected, because i used an incorrect format for the includes and excludes in the def.json file.

I've fixed the issue and re-uploaded it now for approval.

Also I'm still waiting for an explanation on how to debug the extension's background page, would appreciate a reply, thanks.

FB Purity replied at 2014-2-11 18:50 back.gif

OK, it seems the extension was rejected, because i used an incorrect format for the includes and exc ...

looping8 why not try it now? it works fine :) it already has over 123,000 users around the world! (for the chrome, firefox, opera and safari versions) :)

FB Purity replied at 2014-2-13 07:48 back.gif

looping8 why not try it now? it works fine it already has over 123,000 users around the world! ...

It works fine on Maxthon too, the code didn't need to be altered much to work on Maxthon. The maxthon version can be installed at http://install.fbpurity.com

the same for all the other supported browsers

looping8, cool video, cheers! :)

BTW the reason it doesnt show up in the sidebar is because it is a cross browser extension, that works on 5 different browsers, and each browser has a different UI, and extension settings system. FBP already takes a lot of time to develop and maintain, but if i had to also cater to each browser's individual UI quirks, that would make a lot of extra work, thats why the FBP extension's settings are accessible from the same place in all browser versions (the FBP link in the top nav bar on each Facebook page. hope that explains things :)

Thanks loooping8, I'm glad you like it.

More bad news though unfortunately, they have rejected the extension from the official maxthon extensions page for the same reason as before. I wish they would provide more useful information on the rejection page, I have fixed the error they pointed out, but it seems they are reviewing a previous version of the extension, must be yet another bug in their system. I guess with what seems like a single programmer for Maxthon and the Maxthon extensions center, it must be hard getting things running correctly.

Phew! After lots of back and forth, and many resubmissions (too many actually) they have finally let FB Purity into the official extensions site. You can now get it there as well as from the FBPurity.com website.

FB Purity on the official Maxthon extensions site:

http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=2404

FB Purity on the official FB Purity website:

http://www.fbpurity.com

Please note the FB Purity Maxthon extension hosted on the FBPurity.com website, will always be the most up to date version, as its far easier to update the extension on my own server.

Enjoy, and please give a 5* review on the Maxthon site if you appreciate all the work thats gone into FB Purity! :D Donations are very welcome too,

Cheers,

FB Purity

• 3 weeks later...

Archived